The Story of a Psychic Teen Girl(Maybe a Love Story?) - Chapter 20

I think you all will like this chapter.. (:

please vote and comment!

Chapter 20

I found myself sitting at a mirror looking at myself.

I was brushing my long hair, but I couldn't control it. It was like I was in a body, but I had no say in what it does.

I just sat there watching.

And then it all clicked. It wasn't me, it was Delilah.

Candles burned, creating a Vanilla scent. The only light in the room was from the candles, and Delilah was wearing her nightgown.

I noticed below her was the spell book that I had just brought up from downstairs.

The only difference was that the pages were not as worn, and the stains were gone.

The vision that the same aura as the one with the Willow Tree, except this time I was living it from Delilah's eyes. Not from my own.

She continued brushing her hair, until a few seconds later she set the brush down and grabbed an ink pen.

It felt so weird living this moment from her eyes, but my mind was my own.

Silence burned throughout the cabin, not even crickets chirped. It was eerie but calming at the same time.

I watched as Delilah's hand dabbed the pen into the ink and then proceeded to write onto the yellowed pages. Math equations were all over the page, and I couldn't understand them.

What I could understand was what she was writing, but it was in a different language. Latin.

I knew it immediately.

But, I never studied Latin. The recognition freaked me out, and I felt as if I should be breathing heavily, but Delilah's body kept breathing at it's calming and steady pace.

I was only there in mind and soul.

Delilah kept writing and I focused on the words.

"When the full moon shines

And the future has no light

Let there be magic

On this hopeful night"

I watched in fascination as she continued writing spells.

The one she had just written was labeled, "The Beginning of a Journey,".

I was confused with everything she was writing. Every one had several meanings, and I couldn't quite decipher what the beginning of a new journey meant.

But this was a vision, it had to mean something important. So I needed to pay close attention.

All of a sudden, Delilah closed the book and stood up. She had known that someone was coming.

A knock at the door rang throughout the cabin. A 'coming' escaped from her lips and it seemed weird to speak without actually intending to.

She opened the door to a very wet Daniel. A horse was tied up outside on the sidewalk and she ushered him inside.

A smile came to her/my lips and Delilah went and got towels for him to wipe off with.

Daniel had already sat down her bed and was taking off his boots. I still couldn't get over to how much Drake looked like Daniel. It was startling how much they were the same.

It was almost supernatural.

I watched through Delilah's eyes as she went a kneeled down beside the bed.

In the back of my mind, it was such a romantic scene. But the ending tore that image away.

I knew what was going to happen between these two.

"How long were you out there?" Delilah broke the silence as she worked with wringing the water out of this top layer of clothes he had taken off.

Daniel wore a riding outfit that looked as if it had had years worth of work done in it.

"A couple of hours, I was finishing picking the rest of the corn. The markets nowadays run out fast." he said. Then with a glance in Delilah's direction, took off the last layer he had been wearing. He was only covered from the waist down now.

If I was myself, I would have been hyperventilating right now. Daniel had abs! And he didn't even have a gym to do it. It was all from working the farms.

But Delilah dismissed it at a glance and took the second shirt from him. Then she started wringing water out of it also.

Daniel continued talking.

"You look tired, you should get some sleep." he said.

"I know, I've been up for a while writing some stuff." Delilah replied and Daniel stood up.

"Do you have my extra bottoms from last time I got stuck in the rain?" Daniel asked and I felt Delilah smile.

"Yes, there in the other room. I'll hang these to dry while you go get changed."

Delilah walked into another small room where some food was stored as well as clothes on a clothes line. She hung up his shirts and then Daniel came in a few seconds later with his other wet pants.

He had a smile and I felt Delilah smile as she was hanging up his other pants.

A pair of arms encircled her waist and Daniel set his head on her shoulder.

It felt weird having somebody hold me close like that when I couldn't control what I was doing.

I felt Daniel take her hand and lead her to the bed. He pulled her down until they were laying next to each other. A pleasant wave of fire went through her body, and somehow I know that it happened every time Daniel touched her. It was never ending.

Just like they should have been.

The thought came out of nowhere, but I shook it off and Delilah/I stared into Daniels eyes. Delilah looked at him admiringly, a light smile on her lips.

Daniel brushed a stray piece out of her face leaned in and kissed her forehead. Delilah's breathing picked up a bit more and her heart was beating fast.

Words weren't needed tonight.

The candles still burned in the room and the glowing light highlighted Daniels gray eyes. It looked like a fire burning inside of him.

A fire for her.

Delilah yawned and Daniel put his arm around her, making her feel secure and as if everything was right in the world.

She closed her eyes and snuggled closer to his chest. Her heart was still racing, but his calm breathing helped her concentrate on trying to fall asleep. She matched the rhythm of his breathing to hers.

The gradually, she felt herself fall into the darkness and safety of his arms.

And I did the same.