The Story of a Psychic Teen Girl(Maybe a Love Story?) - Chapter 3

Remember to VOTE!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------

Chapter 3

"Bye Abby, bye Erik!" I waved and shouted from the bottom of the steps of the school

"Bye Ems! See ya tonight for our CSI marathon!" She beamed and waved back, Erik just smirked and looked as if we were too girly. I don't blame him, Abby and I talked nonstop all through out lunch about guys, hair styles, favorite sport teams, favorite hang outs and other stuff. It was a relief to actually have another girl like football! I smiled at the thought.

We decided to get together tonight to have a girls night out WITHOUT Erik this time. We both agreed that it would be just us, and since we both happen to like CSI, that's what we were going to watch. Yes! Tonight was going to be awesome.

I started walking home, taking the barely familiar path. I looked around at my surroundings, just admiring the palm trees and warm weather. I wasn't used to warm weather in November, since I come from the north. It's just so relaxing down here. I sighed happily.

"Oh!" I bumped into someone, and barely managed to keep from stumbling onto my bottom. I even dropped all of my books onto the ground.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I said as I went to pick up my books from the ground.

"No need to apologize, I was the one not looking," I stopped in the middle of what I was doing to look up. In front of me stood a boy I recognized from the school, but had never talked to. He had a small smile on his face as he looked down at me. Was he... amused? I couldn't really tell.

I must have been staring because he bent down and started picking my books up. Way to play it Emma! I told myself.

"Let me get these for you," he said as he gathered my books. I stood back up and just watched him. He had lean muscles, but they were definitely there. Sorry! I'm a girl and we just tend to notice these things. He also had brown hair just past his ears with little flips at the end. He stood back up and handed my books back to me.

"Here you go, I'm really sorry," he apologized with a slow smile, putting the last of the books into my hands.

"Umm, thanks." I said gratefully. He looked back up at me and caught my eyes.

Those eyes! I have seen them from somewhere, just not at school. Somewhere else. I know I must have. I must have looked uncomfortable because he suddenly put his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you alright?" he asked lightly. His touch sent tingles through my spine.

I barely even knew him! Just stop Emma, calm down.

"Y-yeah." I stuttered. "Just late getting home," I lied.

He then just laughed out loud as if I was crazy. What was his deal?

"All right, hopefully you don't get grounded or anything," he smirked with humor in his eyes. Seriously? Why the sudden outburst?

"Yeah, I hope not." I glared at him, daring him to make another stupid remark. He must have gotten the message because he just snickered and started to walk away. I caught him by the should and he automatically tensed. He turned.

"Please don't touch me," he said in a serious tone. I immediately pulled my hand back and put it by my side once again.

"I'm sorry! I just wanted to know your name," I said quickly.

"Drake," he replied as he turned to walk away.

I just watched him as he walked out of my sight.