The Story of a Psychic Teen Girl(Maybe a Love Story?) - Chapter 13

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't uploaded in so long. Well, I was thinking maybe I should restart the story. I know what I want to do with it now, ending-wise. Also how everything turns out to all go together. (hint)

But in the beginning, it seems like when Drake and Emma go to the park and kiss and everything, blah blah blah, it goes too fast. Like they just met, and they're already kissing? Why not save that for something special in the middle or end of the book? Hmm. Let me know what you guys think. I just want to make this a really good story for all of you.

Thanks to ALL of my fans! And for the comments and voting. It means SO MUCH to me! I hope you like this chapter. Please comment and tell me what you think I should so about the beginning of the story.

Happy Reading! (:

PS. Sorry it's short. I'm saving things for the next chapter.

Chapter 13

"Drake, give me that book back. I'm not going to even ask how you got up here." I said as I took a few more steps into the room. He just shook his head, with that smirk still on his face.

"Easy, you have vines on the side of your house," he said as if it was the dumbest question in the world I had asked.

"Just give the book back." he shook his head as he opened to a page where I had put a bookmark in the crease.

"So, you were looking into the founding fathers, huh? I do believe your family is related to the Mattisons," he said as he inspected the book a little. How did he know we were related to the Mattisons? He peered a little closer to a picture that I couldn't see from where I was standing.

"Delilah Falls looks exactly like you," he said. "She was accused of witchcraft when she was 16, you're not into that stuff, right?" Drake said with humor in his tone. How did he know all of this stuff?

"No, how do you know all of this?" I asked. He shrugged.

"My dad is a history freak. All he ever talks about is the history of the town." Drake got a faraway look in his eyes as if he was thinking deeply of something. I took the opportunity to snatch the book out of his hands and threw it on the bed. I sat down next to it.

"Would you know anything more about Delilah? Am I directly related to her?" I asked. Surprisingly, Drake came and sat down next to me, not even bothering trying to steal the book again.

"Not sure. You could ask my dad, he would surely know." he answered. I nodded.

A loud rumble of thunder suddenly shook the house. I yelped and Drake laughed.

"Scared of thunder? Somebody's acts like a 2 year old." I punched him on the side of the arm and he stiffened. Crap, it just came to mind that I had forgotten that he was psychometric.

He froze and his eyes glazed over. Did he just find out something that was THAT bad? I called out to him, but he didn't move. After two long minutes, he finally turned to look at me.

"You had another premonition about that man that's always in your dreams?" Huh? He could tell all that just by one touch? I took a deep breathe and calmed myself down a little before answering him.

"Yes, it was nothing." I lied. He caught it.

"It was something. I could even smell what you were smelling. Peppermint and gasoline. It's not the greatest in the world." He paused. "You know what's weird though? That voice, it reminds of somebody's. I just can't think of who. It sounds as if it has had way to much years of smoking." He said and then suddenly got up off of the bed.

"I have to go," Drake said as he opened the window back up. Rain came pouring in. "I'll see you tomorrow at school." he jumped into a vine that was by the side of the window and then jumped onto the ground.

He left no sign that he was there except an open window.

Too much was on my mind to think, so I lay on my bed and decided to take a nap. Besides, history of the town AND having to worry about getting kidnapped? I think I deserved to have a nice long rest before I had to go back to school.