The Story of a Psychic Teen Girl(Maybe a Love Story?) - Chapter 19

Hope you like it (:

Please vote or comment.

Chapter 19

The next night as I was studying for my biology test, a knock at the door startled me.

I heard my dad let somebody in and I hopped off of my bed because I was curious to see who it was.

I was on the last staircase when I heard a murmur of hushed voices whispering fiercely.

I stopped and listened on the last step where the men talking couldn't see me.

"She was asking about her past yesterday." I barely heard them, but who they were talking about was clear.

They were talking about me.

"She's been acting strange lately, coming home late at night, not talking to me like she used to," that was my dad. I tried to listen harder. "She has this dark aura around her, and I don't know what it is."

How had he noticed that? I don't have anything around me.

I looked down at myself instinctively. Nope, nothing there.

Except for that one night with the vision of Drake and Delilah, I had been seeing gray everywhere.

The mystery voice continued.

"I noticed that too when she came to see me yesterday. The way she holds herself," the man sighed as if looking for the right words to end his sentence, and then continued. "It's with intelligence and confidence. One look into her eyes and you'll flinch. She's just like Delilah was. Powerful."

It must be Robert talking to my dad. I went to see him yesterday, so it has to be him. But me, powerful? It was all a façade.

I must have been real deceiving. I continued listening into their 'private' conversation.

"I was afraid this would happen." my dad replied. I could hear his footsteps pacing.

I could just imagine what his stance was. He would be looking down with his fingers stroking an imaginary beard.

"I fear it as well," Robert sighed. "What's worse is that my son has taken an interest in her.

I noticed it yesterday. He was angry, but I could see the softness behind his eyes."

My heart quickened. What was Robert talking about? Drake didn't like me. Actually, I think he despised me.

I heard my father groan in frustration, then a couple seconds later he spoke in a saddened voice.

"History cannot repeat itself, I can only hope she doesn't find out about her magic. It would be 1801 all over again."

My magic. My father thought I had magic. I felt as if everyone expected me to have magic.

So, to prove to everyone I DON'T have witch powers, I'm going to try it. I already had a plan in my head.

Robert softly spoke in agreement, then excused himself for having to go.

I listened as my dad led him through the door and closed it slow so it wouldn't make a sound.

I waited a couple of seconds until I heard my dad disappear back into the living room, then acted as if I was running down the stairs.

I jumped from the last step onto the floor and put a smile on my face.

I walked through the living room. After all, where I was going, I had to go through there anyway.

I noticed my father was watching another baseball game.

At first, he seemed startled to see me, then relaxed his features. I mentally laughed.

"Hey dad, who's winning?" I asked as if I actually cared. He seemed surprised I had talked to him.

"Florida." he said. "Why are you so happy?" I smiled some more. Quick, think of an excuse, I thought to myself.

"I just memorized all of my biology test, I thought it was going to be hard, but it actually isn't!" I said and kept walking.

"That's good. I hope you do well." he said carefully. I nodded and made my way through the doorway to the kitchen.

As soon as I got to the basement door, I remembered that night when I had had the 'kidnapping' vision.

It seemed so long ago that it had happened. And I didn't want a repeat of it.

I flipped on the light and made my way down the stairs. Tingles made their way up my arms, but I had to get a book.

As soon as I got to the bookcase that I had hit my head on, I looked for the book I had seen in the vision I had had of Delilah and Drake/Daniel.

The one that Delilah wanted to use to cast a spell to make them be together for eternity.

I shuddered at the thought. I wouldn't believe in magic until I had proof that it actually exists.

Also, I didn't believe I had magic. I couldn't do anything spectacular.

Well, except for the psychic thing. But I wouldn't call that magic.

I found the book that I had been looking for. It was black with silver engraving on the front.

It was in some fancy calligraphy, and it felt weird to be holding a book that once belonged to Delilah.

I felt protective of it somehow, and holding it I felt my fingers tingle and run cold.

It must be my head that was messing with me.

I breathed deeply and tucked the book under my arm. I was starting to get chilly down here.

I made my way up the stairs, and shut off the light.

Somehow, I needed to get passed my dad without letting him see the book.

Luckily, he had dozed off while I was in the basement. Thank god.

Once I got to the safety of my room, I cleared my bed and set Delilah's book down on it.

The book seemed to belong to me now. I don't know why.

I opened the cover and ran my fingers across the yellowed pages.

Stains were on it, so I could barely see the title, but somehow I knew it was Delilah's handwriting. And the whole book was written by her.

I don't know how I knew it, but suddenly my mind started to cloud.

A gray thick fog was surrounding me, and a headache was starting to work it's way into my brain.

In the back of my mind, I registered that I was going to have another vision like the other night.

But this time, I welcomed the gray fog surrounding me.

Because it was the only way I was going to get help finding out what really happened to Delilah, and possibly help me figure out what the future holds for me.