New rules

Inspired by new song by Dua Lipa 'New rules'

Breaking up is a hard. Expecially when you break up with person you have been in relationship for 3 years.
Martin and I were in the love but eventually things came between us. His work, my work, obligations, but mainly girls.

Girls around Martin have a need to flirt with him, to be all over him. He is bothered with it, but still not much as I. am. I mean, the other day, we were walking in the street together, when a girl came up and asked him out. Hello, I am standing next to him, he is holding my hand?!

He stopped to be bothered with it when models started to move around him. Girl around his waist was the cherry on the top. Then I made a move and broke up with him. That move was hard but it was the best for me because for the first time I needed to think what is best for me. This also required changing my rules.

One, don't pick up the phone
You know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone

In the last 7 days, since we broke up, he called me 245 times, left 200 meassges and left 150 voice meassges saying how he is sorry for everything and how that girl around his waist was nothing.

I didn't pick up or answered his meesages because I couldn't let him ruin me again. I love him, I still do. But I need someone to be with me no matter what. I need someone who I can trust.

Two, don't let him in
You have to kick him out again

I was watching TV when I heard the knock on the door. I slowly got up and went towards the door. As I opened it, I saw Martin and quickly pushed the door to close but he was too strong. He was holding his arm on the door not letting go of it.

'I need to talk with you.' he said and I could see hurt in his eyes.
'Then talk.' I coldly said not allowing him to come in. I knew if I let him in I will have troubles getting his out or even worse my plan of moving on will fail.

Three, don't be his friend
You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning
And if you're under him
You ain't getting over him

Eventually, I let him in. I couldn't speak about our problem in the hallway where people can hear us.

We sat on my couch and started to talk. He said how that girl was just a fan who desperately wanted a picture and that paparrazi just got the wrong moment. I believed him, but I didn't show him that. At least not at the very moment.

After that we started to talk about everything else, just like in the old days when we were friends. It felt good to be around him again and I missed the feeling of being his something. His friend, his love, his girlfriend.

We did continue to talk after he explain about the girl situation, but there was still hurt in his eyes and I just couldn't look at him anymore.

I forgave him. After all, I love him and I know he loves me too. And I know where this kiss we are sharing gonna lead but I don't care because I simply can't get over him.

I guess, my new rules didn't succeed on Martin Garrix.