12. toxic

yo hi there i posted a book reviews thingy so if you want me to read your book and give my opinion on it, it will also be on the book reviews book so other people will see it as well

comment hard on this one, i've been thinking of introducing a new character and it just might be one of you imma be looking through comments

-

12. toxic

The chaos quickly installed itself in the Ramos' household, Zara was still speechless and Zack was demanding an explanation. Jonah had entered the room a minute or so prior to his brother's scream and had shut the door behind him preventing Lucas and Jas from entering the mess.

"Calum, maybe you should leave." Jonah spoke when e noticed his sister's shocked expression.

"What? No-"

"Zara will give you a call later, mate." His stern voice was almost scared Calum but he still didn't budge, he didn't want to leave his doll but she was still refusing to look at him and he could see the anger irradiating from Zack.

Calum took a deep breath and got up giving Zara one last look but the girl was still fixated on her younger brother. Jonah gave Calum a pat on the back as if apologizing and opened the door for him.

The two younger members of the Ramos family were standing outside the room with worried expressions.

"Hi." Calum said and tried his best to put up a fake smile for the cute kids standing in front of him.

"Is Zack being stupid again?" Lucas asked.

"What do you mean 'again'?"

Lucas then explained to Calum that his older brother had been rude when he saw Calum picking up Zara the other day and Lucas made it clear that he didn't mind that Calum hung out so much with his big sister.

Calum started to understand that this could be way worse, Zack had already expressed his discontent with whatever he thought was going on between the two teenagers and he knew that family was everything for Zara.

"He likes you Cal, he'll get over this." Lucas assured and Jasmine agreed.

"Thanks, I need to get going." Calum mumbled and the two kids gave him a big hug.

-

As he drove back to his dads' house Calum remembered they had to go out for dinner but Calum wasn't feeling it, every second that passed hurt a bit more because he had the time to take in everything. His happiness daze was over and slowly the dark cloud was creeping over him again.

Calum suddenly hated that the stupid radio wasn't working so he played some music from his phone, he wasn't even paying attention because his thoughts screamed louder than the song.

He parked the car and grabbed his stuff, he didn't take the stairs he just wanted to get to his room quicker and close the door. Everything seemed a blur, he remembered dropping the keys somewhere and he faintly heard his dads calling for him but his body took him to his room ignoring everything else. When he was finally inside he locked the door behind him and sat down on the floor trying to calm his uneven breathing.

The nervous boy told himself over and over again that it would be alright, that Zara would figure it out with Zack and tomorrow at school they would meet in their secret hiding spot and kiss and hold hands and everything would be alright but part of him didn't really believed that. And maybe that part of him was right.

When his dads came knocking on his door Calum just said he wasn't feeling good and couldn't go out for dinner, they were reluctant to leave him alone but after some convincing they said some comforting words and promised to be back right after dinner.