5. 4am

ty from shake it up plays jonah yo

5. 4am

Calum loved to write. Every single thought happening in his troubled head seemed perfect on paper. His messy but pretty handwriting filled pages and pages of his black notebook that he kept under his mattress. He didn't want anyone reading it, never.

Right now, his pen was gliding through the paper has he poured his mind into words on the paper.

The clock marked 3AM but his mind was wide awake, so much was going through his head but all in all Calum was exhausted. Shelter by The XX was playing softly and Calum just wished he could go away. He wished he didn't have friends or family so no one would miss him, he wants to go away but he doesn't want to hurt the people he'll leave behind. Would Zara care if he died? Calum doesn't think so.

Since the scene in the school's closet they haven't been talking much, both of them just have been trying to figure out by themselves what they were feeling but Calum had to admit he missed her a lot.

His eyes prickled with tears because he was just mad and pissed off. He never asked for this, he never asked to be straight. He just wanted to be normal. Tears fell freely onto the paper and the song had ended and Talk Me Down by Troye Sivan was now playing.

The tired boy rubbed his eyes and fisted his hair, he always got so mad at himself, this was all his fault after all. He was the one who wasn't like everyone else.

I wanna sleep next to you,

but that's all I wanna do right now.

Calum needed to get away, he didn't know where but he just wanted to get away from his room full of bad thoughts and voices telling him to end it all, to stop the pain.

He was still dressed in the clothes he had worn to school so he quickly put on his boots and grabbed his earphones. Get away.

Before leaving his room he grabbed his pen and scribbled down some words that came to his mind. "I was already missing the night I went away".

He tried to leave the house as quietly has he could and then he just ran, like he always did. Run away from everything, it was uncomfortable to run with boots but Calum had bigger problems to worry about.

He had no idea where he was but he was far away from his rich neighborhood, the houses were smaller and sadder, but he knew that didn't mean sad people lived inside, money doesn't define happiness and Calum is the living and breathing proof of that.

One of the houses caught his eye because a kid was sitting on the porch, he didn't look very young probably only one or two years younger than Calum. Calum was walking past that house but he heard the kid call. "Hey man! You okay?"

Obviously he would ask that, it was three am pitch dark outside and Calum was roaming the streets of a not so good neighborhood. He didn't know what to do, if he should just walk away or answer the stranger but something made him stop and walk closer to the boy. After all, he lived here all his life and had never seen him so the probability of seeing him again is low and he really wants to be around someone new.

"No, are you?" 

The kid chuckled and patted to the spot next to him on the stair he was currently sitting, in front of a door. "I could be worse, you look fucking done with life."

Calum chuckled as well after sitting down, a sad chuckle unlike the other boy's. "I'm Jonah." He took his hand out of his pocket for Calum to shake.

"Calum." He said and shook Jonah's hand.

"Calum, rings a bell." Jonah mumbled but Calum shrugged he probably knew him from around, his family was known in the city. "Oh! You are friends with Zara, aren't you?"