11. fear

haven't written this book in so long and i love writing it so hope u like it (its been so long does anyone still read this im sorry but im sure imma be uploading more thru july)

alex hibbert from moonlight is zack

11. fear

Running was Calum's favorite thing. He kept his focus in front of him, no place in particular. The people seemed blurry as he ran pass them, the wind blew against his face and he could feel his heart beating rapidly under his sweaty skin. The noise from the streets was silenced by the loud music in his earphones and  his lips were still burning from Zara's touch. 

It was the day after the date and they had to leave Ashton's house because well, Ashton wanted to come back. Calum had run a couple miles and he was close to his dads' apartment since he was spending the week there. His phone buzzed in his gym shorts pocket and Calum only checked it after reaching the apartment building's door.

from: luke 

wanna hang out? ash n mikey r here 2

to: luke

sure. i'm just gonna shower

Calum wrote back quickly before deciding to take the stairs instead of the elevator. His tanned skin glistened with sweat as he ran up five flights of stairs only to reach his dads' door panting like crazy. 

He reached his hand into his back pocket to pull out the keys and wiped his forehead with the other head. After calming his breathing down, Calum unlocked the door and entered the apartment.

"Anyone home?" His tired panting voice was heard through the apartment and one of his dads called from the kitchen. "Hey, I'm just gonna shower and head to Luke's." 

"Calum, son, we just want to talk to you about something." Gregory, one of his dads, spoke and Calum studied their faces; they didn't look mad. 

"Uh, sure. What is it?" 

David, his other father, sighed and pointed to the chair in front of them. "We've noticed your sudden happiness and don't get us wrong, Cal, you are delighted to see you like this but-uh, we can't help but wonder what has gotten into you and you know this one-" David pointed to his husband. "needs to know everything, and he keeps nagging me-" 

"Oh, shush." Greg slapped his arm and Calum smiled because it was truth. 

"Uh, just nothing, happy to be alive I guess." Calum lied through his teeth, yes, he was happy to be alive but there was a whole another story behind that. Zara. His dads didn't seem to buy it. 

Greg sent Dave a look and the other man rolled his eyes. "Well, is there a special boy we should know about?"

"No, just- I'll tell you guys when it's time." The teenage tried his best not to flinch at the mention of a boy, it's not that he despised boys or anything, Calum just liked girls.

His dads nodded and gave him a pat in the back, Calum took this as a cue to leave and held the sigh in when his dad said "We'll be happy to meet him, anytime." 

Calum tried to shower as quickly as possible as a random playlist from Spotify played through his phone that buzzed every once in a while maybe some texts from the boys or Zara, probably both. 

The boy couldn't help but the smile at the thought of his pretty little love, the tanned skin girl with the beautiful curls that had captured his heart since they were kids. Zara hand changed his life completely and he couldn't be more grateful. Calum cut his shower short because he imagined his impatient friends complaining about how he was taking too long.