Chapter 10

It had been 4 days. Sans kept a constant watch over you now. He was very protective over you. Papyrus slowly started accepting you. He seemed nicer than he used to be. Undyne didn't like you, but she didn't try anything. The monsters around Snowdin didn't mind you there either. It seemed the king was too absorbed in staying in the capital to come out and try to kill you himself. So, to put it simply, you were pretty safe in Snowdin. The next day though, something strange happened. 

You and Sans were walking through town when you started hearing chatter. You saw some monsters crowding together up ahead. You both looked at each other. You headed over. You both were shocked by what you saw. It was Stephanie and her family. Her brothers were crowding around her protectively.

"Hey! Shove off before you regret staying!" Raph barked angrily. They started to break up. Raph spotted the both of you.

"Sans, (Y/N) good thing we found you. We need some help." Leo said. 

"with what?" 

"It's Stephanie." Donnie replied. She walked forward and showed them multiple cut wounds on her arms. Some were green and infected others were fresh and bruised. You looked at her face. She looked pail. It was clear she was sick. Sans looked concerned.

"how'd this happen?"

"Pa-*cough! hack!*" Stephanie cut off falling to her knees. You knelt down to help her. Her body was shaking with effort not to wretch.  

"Papyrus." Leo finished for her. Sans looked shocked.

"what? why?" 

"They crossed paths and he told her to get out of his way. He'd shoved her to the ground and she'd lashed out at him. He'd scarred her up really bad. She almost didn't make it home." Leo explained. Sans nodded. 

"I don't have the medicine for stuff like this and Stephanie is the best healer. But her powers can only go so far. Especially when she's sick." Donnie said. Sans nodded. 

"Alphys might be able to help." Sans said. You nodded. You helped her back to the house with her brothers protectively circled around you both. Sans lead the way. You helped her onto the couch. Sans called Alphys. He told her what was going on and she agreed to come after about 10 tries. You waited for her to come. She showed up about a half hour later. Her brothers told Alphys everything and she nodded. She gave Stephanie a check up. 

"Hmm...it looks like her wounds didn't heal right. The cause seems to be her walking alone back to your house. She must've picked up some sort of infection that way." Alphys said.

"Is there anything you can do?" Leo asked.

"Here, take this. If yo treat her wounds with this they should heal up, but she cannot keep moving about. The infection is already running deep within her blood." She said giving them a bottle of a type of lotion. With that Alphys left. Stephanie looked heartbroken now. 

"But-*cough cough* h-how am I gonna do my patrols? I-I can't just-" 

"You're gonna have to sis." Raph said. She stared at him sadly. He nuzzled her. She smiled and hugged him. He backed away and let Donnie fix her up. The bandaged her arms to keep anything from making it worse. She thanked you both and they left. Sans sighed.

"i have no idea why she came to me for something like that." He said.

"Maybe she trusts you more than before. I think she sees that you've changed for the better." You said, hugging him. He smiled and hugged back.

"thanks doll." He told you. 

*one week later* 

You felt sick. Sans hadn't noticed your weak stance yet. Suddenly you fell and your arms didn't catch you. He hurried to your side.

"sweetheart? what's wrong?" He asked helping you up.

"I feel...sick..." You groaned. He instantly laid you down on the couch and called Alphys. She came over and gave you a checkup.

"Common cold. She should be better in about a week if she takes this twice a day. One in the morning and one before bed. Sans nodded. 

About a week later you were feeling better. You decided it was time to leave. You couldn't stay Underground forever. You promised Sans you'd free everyone. You set out. You soon reached the castle. You fought Asgore and since Sans was worried about you he'd come after you. Everyone else shortly followed after. Then Flowey appeared. 

"Don't worry (Y/N)! I have an idea." Soon he became Asriel and broke the barrier. That was easier than you'd thought it'd be. So you were all finally free and you and Sans were together. That's all you ever wanted. 

(I know this isn't an ideal ending, but I ran out of ideas and I honestly didn't think this was going anywhere so I just concluded it. Sorry, but that's all I could think of. Thanks for reading this though! This is Spiritwing howling a goodbye! Author AHWOOOOOT!)