Chapter 8

(WARNING violence and mature content. To skip the mature if you want to look for my authors notes for when it begins and ends.)

You woke up next to him the next morning. You smiled. He was still asleep. You carefully got up. You walked into the kitchen and wondered what you should make for breakfast. Hash browns and bacon.... You thought. With pancakes! You got to work. You got the pancakes started first. You made the batter while humming (f/s). You were extremely good at singing it. After all it was your favorite song. You finished up the batter and put the first two pancakes into the pan. You moved onto the hash browns. The bacon would cook the fastest so you'd wait to start them. While the hash browns started you checked the pancakes. You flipped them and then went back to the hash browns. They were both good. While you had some time to spare you quickly got the plates ready. You also got a glass out for yourself and a bottle of mustard. Soon you had to check on them again. The first two were done. You took them out and put them on Sans' plate. You got out the syrup and butter. Then you did your own pancakes. You started the bacon soon after the hash browns were done. Your pancakes finished cooking and two minutes later, so did the bacon. You got some (milk or juice) for yourself. Then Sans came in. He smiled when he saw that you'd made breakfast. You looked up and spotted him.

"Sans! Good morning!" You greeted. You gave him his plate and you both sat down to eat.

"thanks for cooking kitten." He said. You smiled at the nickname.

"You're welcome. I hope I did a good job." You said. He chuckled.

"welp, we'll find out." He said. You both ate. 

After you were done he said, "yep, definitely did a good job." You smiled blushing. 

"Thanks." You said. He walked over to you and gently hugged you from behind. You tensed. "Uh...Sans? What are you doing?" You asked. He grinned.

"can't i hug my little kitten?" He asked. You blushed insanely. 

"W-well y-yeah, b-but um...w-why are you-" He seemed to realize that he was making you uncomfortable. He let go. 

"s-sorry. i...wasn't thinking." He said, blushing himself. You smiled.

"It's alright. It just surprised me." You said. He nodded.

"hey..i have a question for ya." He said.

"What is it?" You asked. He seemed slightly nervous, but he asked you anyway.

"why....were you so nice to me before? i tried to kill you kid. you were nice to my brother too. you didn't even fight back when he hurt you. why?" You stared at him.

"I've learned that sometimes just accepting things...makes the pain go away." He looked confused and slightly concerned.

"pain? what do you mean?" Sans asked. You remembered your brother. You remembered how he was the only one that had ever stood up for you. When you'd learned to stand up for yourself, you'd always do it a little to aggressively. You remembered one time someone had called you 'elephant'. You knew they had meant that you were fat. You weren't though, they were just trying to pick on you. You had lashed out at them and knocked their tooth out. You remembered what you'd said to them. "If I'm an elephant, then you're a donkey!" You had yelled at them. They'd never come within ten feet of you since then. Sans had come closer to you and had a hand on your shoulder. "kitten?" He asked.

"The pain of the world." You finally replied. "After all, while not everyone kills everyone else on the surface, people can still be just as cruel." You said. Sans looked worried.

"hey, enough of that. you're safe here kitten. those jerks won't touch you." He said hugging you. You smiled. "but that doesn't explain why you were nice to me. if anything that gives more reason for you to have wanted to hate me." Sans pointed out. You sighed.