Chapter 2

You wandered onward with Flowey perched on your shoulder. You walked through the ruins as Flowey explained things to you.

"There are lots of monsters in the Underground. Most of them will flee from you, but the ones that want to fight will try to kill you. I'll help you through your battles and do my best to keep you alive. Your soul is the very culmination of your being. LV stands for LOVE. LOVE around here actually means Level Of ViolencE. We need seven human souls to break the barrier sine ours souls 'monster souls' aren't as strong as human souls. So far six have fallen and all of them have died. That's why I have to help you get out of here. If I don't they'll destroy humanity. I can't let them do that. I've already let the others die. I did nothing to stop it from happening. I can't let that happen with you." He said. You nodded. 

"I wish I could help you." You said sadly.

"Heh, there isn't help for us monsters. I wish I could be of more help to you." He said. You smiled at him gently.

"You're helping me a lot Flowey." He smiled back at you. Your leg slowly healed over time and soon Flowey didn't need to help you walk anymore. Then you both entered a battle. You decided to SPARE it. You knew that killing wasn't right and it was in your way so you couldn't run past it. Flowey seemed impressed that you had been able to SPARE this creature that he said was called a Froggit.

"You might not be able to SPARE everybody...." He trailed on unsurely. You smiled slightly.

"(Y/N), my name's (Y/N). I guess in all of this I forgot to tell you." You said. Flowey nodded. 

Soon you came upon a tall goat women. Flowey gasped and trembled in fear. She looked surprised and then an evil grin spread across her face.

"Why hello my child. You must've fallen down. I'll take you back to my house and fix you up." 

"How do I know I can trust you?" You said semi-bravely. Flowey looked nervous. She frowned angrily. 

"My child, you should come with me so that way you will be safe. There are many dangerous monster here in the Ruins." She said, trying to keep her smile on her face. You looked straight into her eyes. They wavered wearily for a moment. You glared at her.

"Why are you lying to me?" You asked. She looked surprised.

"I-I'm not lying." She said, slightly angrily, but you could detect a little bit of nervousness in her voice. 

"I've lost my brother, nearly died with him, have been torn away from the rest of my family, and still have injuries all over my body. You just want to kill me, don't you? Let me ask you this, what good will come out of killing me and then going to the surface and murdering everyone I love along with the rest of humanity? I can see through your lies. You wouldn't have done this once. So why now? Have you really given up all hope of living a good life?" You said. You had always had the power of speech on your side. You were very good at convincing people. She stared at you, her eyes wide and wavering immensely. She looked sad and Flowey was staring at you in shock. 

"I-I'm sorry my child. Please let me take care of you. I mean it this time." She said, giving you a real soft gentle smile. You smiled and nodded, taking her hand. Flowey looked dumbfounded.

"Kindness is enough." You told him. He frowned and sighed.

"You can try I guess." He said. 

"I'm Toriel by the way." The goat woman said. You nodded.

"I'm (Y/N) and this is my friend Flowey." You said. She looked at you and then Flowey and nodded. Toriel lead you through the Ruins to her home. She healed you and baked you a butterscotch cinnamon pie. After that you listened to her read you a book about snails. Flowey got a flower pot with soil and was in your new room while you listened to her read.