Chapter Six

chapter six: *‘Cause Love Is All I Got*

            Liam looked at the giggling girl in front of him and grinned. She was funny. She was simple.

            She finally stopped laughing, her straight, white teeth gleaming behind her red lips. Her bright blue eyes and pitch black, wavy hair contrasted her pale complexion nicely.

            “How are you single?” She joked, shoving him playfully.

            He hid his wince at the rough contact she made with his still healing arm and instead leaned in.

            “You want to change that?” He asked teasingly, his hot breath blowing across her cheek as he whispered the words in her ear.

            He looked past her then and watched Sam chatting on the phone with who he was sure was Leslie. They were FaceTiming again and he was well aware they he was the topic of their conversation. In fact, Sam had the phone titled in his direction, no doubt showing Leslie exactly what he was doing. Perfect.

            “You’re just saying that,” the girl finally answered playing coy.

            He had forgotten her name and instead of saying anything he merely leaned back and threw her another one of his smiles.

            “Why don’t you find out?” He winked at her and she giggled again.

            He was somewhat interested in finding out her name again, but had no idea how to do it without telling her he had forgotten it.

            She just laughed again, flushed, before turning serious, “Can I ask you something?”

            He looked past her again making sure the phone was still titled in his direction before answering.

            “You can ask me anything gorgeous, but it’ll cost you,” he said grabbing the beer next to him on the bar and talking a long sip. The fake IDs Leo had gotten for them all had worked perfectly.

            “And what exactly?” She asked blushing once again.

            “A kiss.” He answered confidently and watched smugly as she blushed even brighter before nodding her head.

            “Okay, but you’ll have to eat one of my breath mints; I don’t like the taste of beer.” She teased.

            He laughed genuinely before nodding his head for her to continue.

            “How did you get that scar?” She gestured in the direction of the fading scar on his forehead.

            Leslie watched in pain as Liam smiled and laughed and flirted with what she assumed had to be a breathtaking girl.

            “She could be ugly?” Sam offered trying to make Leslie feel better before she insisted, yet again, on disconnecting the call. She was seconds away from pretending she lost signal or something.

            Leslie didn’t say anything as she counted down the differences she could notice from staring at the back of the girl. For starters, her hair was black, she was very pale, and dressed very girly. And she also seemed tall. Great.

            “You know what Sam, I think I’ve had enough,” She croaked out feeling heartbroken.

            Wasn’t this the reason she didn’t come in the first place? So, why was she subjecting herself to it anyways?