authors note

To my dearest readers,

FOR RETURNING READERS: The Beta's Son has come a very long way since I started it in 2012. (Yeah, that's right. 2012. I'm blown away.) It has over 130k reads, over 1k votes, and so many comments that I'm not even sure if I've read them all, and the numbers grow everyday. When I started this book I never believed it would have this amount of feedback and support. Looking back at it now I see so many errors and empty plots and unanswered questions. That's why I decided to restart. These are the first characters I fell in love with, the first story that I was actually proud of, (despite it's NUMEROUS flaws) and the first piece of work I ever really considered myself a writer of. I want to expand, to show you all how I want this to be, officially.

To be a writer of a story that so many people enjoy it sometimes challenging because you have to think about what the audience and their interests. I think that that's the reason why I steered away from so many of my original ideas and why the original plot goes in so many different directions. Something that I want to focus on as I rewrite, is to write for me. (While still writing for you all, of course) but to really focus on the message I've always wanted to get across through The Beta's Son.

With all the being said, this version of The Beta's Son will be VERY different. The characters will be the same, the main plots will be the same, but a lot of the points and details and key attributes will be different. (For example, Jodie, Erin, and Lynn will NOT all be pregnant and married by the end of the book. My 13 year old self thought that that was just DARLING.) There might be an engagement or two, though... But you didn't hear it from me ;).

Another thing, I've changed this to mature content because that's what I'm comfortable writing. Trying to refrain from using foul language will just make the story weak, in my opinion. I want this to mature as I have, and that includes graphic content, and I'm sorry if you no longer want to be a part of The Beta's Son because of this. I understand completely but this is a fair warning that there will be mature content. Thank you for understanding

FOR NEW READERS: Welcome. I want to thank you for giving this story a shot and if you're interested in rereading the tragically rough draft, please go check in on my account. (While you're there you could hit that follow button if you really wanted to ;D) and also my other work as well, called Lie in Her Fire.

FOR EVERYONE: Once again, I want to thank you all and hope that you'll vote and leave lovely comments that I will try to answer back when I can. I'll do my best to make this story into something you guys can love once again. Thank you for everything.

-M x