Chapter 14

[Chapter 14]

[Reign’s P.O.V]

Drew and Floyd came over to Owen’s later, claiming that they were taking me away for a few hours to go to a party. Owen wasn’t very pleased but he said I could go none-the-less. As Floyd drove there I watched the houses go past in a blur. Something unpleasant twisted in my gut and only got worse the further we drove. I concentrated on the sound of the car but that only seemed to make it worse.

When we got there and I stepped from the car and into the piercing cold air the sickness dropped slightly. It was enough to cast it to the back of my mind and allow Drew to lead me inside. The house smelt unpleasantly of alcohol and vomit but I didn’t let it get to me.

“Do you want a drink?” Floyd asks over the loud music drumming through the rooms.

I nod in a silent agreement and move after him. We reach a kitchen and pull open the fridge, pulling out the first drink we see. I twist the cap off and take a big gulp of the liquid inside. It burns as it goes down but warms my insides pleasantly.

From what others tell me I’d been to a party before but I can’t remember ever going to one. This experience is all new and exciting for me, besides the ever-twisting knot in my stomach.

Drew nudges my shoulder and points with beer in hand to a boy standing by the door, talking quietly to a girl. “Look who’s here.” Tex. I can’t remember him as well as the others but somewhere in my mind he looks familiar. He’d picked on Byron and I for ages but I haven’t heard from him since.

“It looks like he’s hurting her.” Floyd says.

I look closer to the girl and notice how her face is pinched in slight pain. Drew moves forwards. I place my drink on the bench beside me and walk after him with Floyd following shortly behind. When we reach him he turns to look at us but doesn’t remove his hand from the girls arm.

“What do you three want?” He hisses with a wild look in his eyes.

Drew wastes no time in getting to the point, “You’re hurting her.”

He laughs but it doesn’t reach his eyes. “I’m not hurting her so you can leave now.”

“I said; you’re hurting her.” Drew forces between his teeth, pushing Tex in the chest.

He stumbles and releases his grip from the girl but corrects himself before he can hit the floor. Drew gently pulls the girl to Floyd before she’s grabbed by Tex again. Floyd leads her away under his arm, whispering to her gently.

Tex and Drew stand in a silent glare before Tex walks off, bumping his shoulder into our chests. “That went pretty good, If I do say so myself.” He laughs, looking around the room.

People continue to dance and laugh, unknowing of what was happening mere meters away. Something horrible could have happened to that girl if Floyd and Drew hadn’t have noticed. Some people are so ignorant.

“Let’s go,” Drew says, “We should go check if she’s alright.” It really amazes me how Drew can change his personality so fast. One minute he’s as crazy as a 2 year old and the next he’s as mature as an old man.

Without a word we walk back the way we came, I grab my drink on the way and follow Drew around the house. Taking a sip as we walk I notice the different taste. Maybe it’s because it was sitting for too long? I ignore it and continue to follow Drew as he turns into another room.

Floyd sits beside her on the floor of the bathroom while she leans over the toilet, throwing up into the bowl. The first thing that hits me is the horrid smell but I don’t let it show on my face. Drew walks right up to her and hold her hair away from her face.