Chapter Thirteen

Percy's PoV

"We should keep looking," I said after a moment. "If that hell hound really was a trap, then we might be risking something if we stay here any longer."

The other two boys nodded and began to stand, but we didn't even get the chance to move when the ground suddenly started to shift. I lost my footing and fell forward to the ground, letting out a cry of pain once I felt my elbow bend in an awkward way. Will tried to rush forward to help me, but he didn't get far. The ground blocked his path.

The figure of the Titan Lord was suddenly standing in front of me. His golden eyes were pointed directly in my direction, and if that wasn't freaky enough, a humanized version of Gaea suddenly stood beside him. The two of them smirked.

"I see the Hero of Olympus seems distraught," Kronos commented. "What has got you so frazzled?"

I actually felt terrified. If these were the ones that took Nico, it would be incredibly hard for me to gather my nerves. I wasn't normally afraid of powerful deities, but having the most powerful titan and mother earth standing in front of me... looking at Will and Malcolm, they looked scared too.

I understand that you are trying to find your friend Nico di Angelo.

The sound of Kronos speaking to me inside my head just made my heart race even more. I glanced at the others but it was obvious the Titan was only speaking to me. I took a deep breath, preparing to answer him.

"Where did you take him?" I asked shakily, watching them warily.

We had nothing to do with his disappearance, Perseus. We just noticed your distress and your hatred upon realizing the boy was gone. We can help you find him, son of Poseidon. We know who took him.

"Tell me then," I snapped, standing up. I was surprised that  Gaea wasn't messing with my footing. "I want you to tell me who has him."

Zeus has him.

I suppose the anger of Nico being taken was overriding my smartness, but my priority was saving Nico. I grabbed my sword and uncapped it. I heard the others take out there weapon, waiting my command. The only thing I said was "take me to him" before I was flashed away by two.