Chapter Seven

PERCY'S POV

I made my way to the kitchen table slowly and sleepily. I sat down at my usual spot and slowly reached for my plate to bring it closer to me. I picked up my food, and began eating the burgers Paul had made for dinner.

Nico came and sat in the chair beside mine, eating the smaller burger supplied. I gave him a gentle smile and watched him eat before I fully dove into my food. Nico watched me and I watched him. I gave him a smile.

He smiled back at me, and we slowly ate our food silently. I glanced up at my parents after trying to avoid their stares. I rolled my eyes a little and stuck my food filled tongue out at them.

Nico rolled his eyes at me, and I watched my parents do the same.

"What? I can't help that I'm a weirdo!" I said with a laugh.

Nico opened his mouth up to respond, but an Iris Message appeared at that moment. I lifted my head up quickly, and watched Nico did the same. Annabeth and Chiron were staring at us.

"The first attacks have started," Annabeth called.

I felt my eyes widen considerably.

"We need you both at Camp Half-Blood as soon as you can get here," Chiron mentioned.

I looked at my parents, and they ushered me toward the bedrooms in the apartment. I looked toward the Iris Message.

"We'll be there in fifteen minutes. We just need to get ready," Nico said to them.

We both stood up from the table, pushing our plates away from the edge. I suddenly didn't have an appetite anymore. I quickly made my way to my bedroom and grabbed the bag I always had packed for camp. Nico grabbed our weapons and I quickly stuffed Riptide in my bag. My pajama pants didn't have pockets and I was in too much of a hurry to change.

We ran out of my bedroom and into the kitchen once more, hugging my parents quickly. I grabbed Nico's hand, and we shadow traveled to his apartment.