Chapter Eight

Nico's POV

The view at Camp Half-Blood was worse then I had imagined. There were a multitude of monsters that had gotten past the quickly weakening border. The Golden Fleece that protected Thalia's tree had vanished.

I could see most if the Half-Bloods tiring, and I knew that Percy could see it too when I saw his expression. We turned our heads to look at each other. I gave him a small nod.

"Let's fight," I said quietly.

He nodded back before pulling a ball point pen from his pocket. I took out my own sword, and watch his pen morph into a sword as he uncapped. We took off running into our home. We wouldn't let anything happen to it.

I attacked the monsters with little mercy. I felt myself tiring, but easily let myself ignore it. I killed more and more monsters before the exhaustion finally got to me. I felt my knees buckle as I fell towards the ground. I heard Percy scream my name as I watched him kill off monsters in a fit of rage.

I weakly pushed my body up, attempting to show Percy that I was perfectly fine. He gave me a upset and worried look as he nodded at me. I got myself into a standing position. I pulled my sword up from the ground, attacking the monster that was charging at me. I fought as well as I could before noticing that all of the monsters had completely disappeared. I looked over at Percy, watching as his expression matched my confused one. We slowly walked over to each other.

"What happened to all of the monsters?" he asked cautiously.

"I don't know," I muttered. "Why are you asking me?"

He held Riptide tightly, getting into a battle stance. I looked around at all of the other campers and saw that she had a calculated look on her face. I knew she was either making a plan, or trying to figure out what was happening. I guessed that she was doing both.

I watched Percy glance around at everyone. I caught a glance of something moving behind Percy, and I leaned my body t the side to catch a better look. I placed my had on Percy's shoulder, motioning him to stay where he was. He turned to me, his head tilted.

"I'll be right back," I muttered before walking towards the forest.

"Nico?" Percy asked cautiously. "Let me come with you."

"No," I said to him. "You need to be able to fight if any of the monsters come back."

He sighed and nodded, walking over to Annabeth to search for some answers. I walked to the woods quickly. When I got there, I found myself looking up at Zeus. HE grabbed me by the arms and I struggled to get away.

"Percy!" I screamed, just as Zeus flashed us away.

Percy's POV

I felt my body freeze in fear when I heard Nico's scream. I dropped my sword, knowing that it would eventually come back. I ran towards the forest, hoping that he was fine.

When I got there, I became more and more worried as I realized he wasn't there. I ran back to camp, running to find Chiron. He gave me a concerned look.

"I think the monsters were a distraction," I muttered uselessly. "Nico is missing."