Horrifying new start (11)

Chapter 11

Five days later…

I caught whatever Zoey had. It was awful. I couldn’t keep anything down.

“Sam. We need to give you an IV. Your not getting any liquids” Zack’s voice was nervous.

“No needles. I’ll be fine. Just a little flu” I muttered. Thinking how needles sounds like noodles. Then I puked. 

“I’m getting the IV” 

“How come you aren’t getting sick?”

“We have better immune systems. We only get really, really rare diseases”

“This could be a really, really rare disease” 

“Stop trying to distract me” 

I frowned. My plan failed.

He left to go get the IV and needle. I was thinking how long the needle could be. A foot or two?

Someone knocked on the door. I felt awful not being able to answer it for two reasons. One, the lock is impossible for me to figure out. Two, I could barely move to my side to puke.

“Heard you were sick” Jack walked in.

I groaned and rolled back on my back. My stomach felt like it was being eaten alive.  

“You look awful”

“Thanks. Please leave” I grunted.

“You sound awful. Where is Zack? Should he be feeding you or giving you some water?”

“He’s getting me an IV”

“You need a smoothie or something”

Smoothie. Blended fruit. I puked again. Although nothing has come out the past three times.

The door opened again.

“Hello Jack” Zack muttered. He still had a strong dislike feeling for him. He treats him coldly. And Jack treats him colder.

“You should be giving her some cooling blankets. She has a fever” Jack told him.

“Her fever is 100.2. She can sweat it out. And if she gets to 103, then I’ll get a tub of ice”

He attached the needle to the IV and poked it in my arm.

“How many times have you upchucked?” He asked. Slight smile on his lips.

“Um. Seven today” I thought.

“You need some solids in you. I’ll get something for you” He left quickly.

I was feeling sick when I thought of what he was going to bring me. 

“Well I better go. Do you need anything?” Jack asked.

“No”

“Bye then”

 I looked at the IV. Counting how many seconds it would take for Zack to come back.

274 seconds and Zack came into the room.

“Butter toast. And sweet fizzy drink”

“Like sprite?”

“I don’t know what sprite is”

“it’s a lime fizzy drink. And its my favorite when I’m sick”

“Here”

“But I cant get it down”

“Close your eyes and breath”