The End

Chapter 20

But of course, the impact never came.

Obito's body was crumbling as it turned to ash, fluttering to the ground. "It's too soon for you to go," he said quietly, but he was smiling. "I hope that I've made Rin proud, in my last moments."

"You fought for what you believed in, even if you were led astray," I said, keeping my emotions under wrap for the time being. I could cry after the war was over. "I'm sure... I'm sure that Rin is waiting for you."

Obito was smiling as his body turned to dust, crumbling to the ground. I could hear his voice floating through my head: 'Don't lose, Kira.'

I couldn't lose now that Obito had sacrificed his life to save us. I couldn't.

'Good thing for you, I've figured it out,' said Amaterasu. The bottom of my foot had been encased in her chakra for the last few minutes, as she worked to release us from the rules of this dimension. 'You have to force her to teleport everyone away.'

'We don't want to be isolated, remember?'

'Yeah, but there isn't much we can do here. I think any other dimension would be better than this – watch out!'

I neatly dodged as another projectile came whizzing at me. As the gravity no longer bound me down, I was free to dodge as I liked. Kaguya's eyes narrowed into slits as she glared at me. "What have you done?" she cried, and Kakashi called out a warning as the gray projectiles began to form again. She launched one at Sasuke and the other at Kakashi, who still stood in front of Naruto, but I pulled Sasuke out of the way and kicked the other projectile away before it could harm anyone.

"Perhaps you'd be better off in a different dimension, don't you think?" I said. "You're out of tricks in this one."

"Why did you have to say that?" Kakashi mumbled, still not getting it.

"In fact, you'd be better off anywhere you can get chakra to fuel your supply," I continued, raising one eyebrow. "You're running low, even for a goddess, aren't you?"

She was seething with anger, but the world folded around us, and then we were back in her core dimension, as I'd hoped. Behind me, the other shinobi scrambled to their feet, getting ready for a battle.

"Naruto, Sasuke, keep doing what you were doing before. We need to pin her down long enough to seal her."

"Kira-sensei, I sense the other tailed beasts' chakra," said Naruto uneasily. I thought about it before guessing,

"Even the Gedo Statue must've been sucked into the Tsukuyomi. She has access to everybody – and every beast's – chakra. But we can't worry about that for now. Sakura, take the opening when you see it, but don't do anything too dangerous. We need our medic. Kakashi – "

I turned to him as I spoke, but froze when I saw him. His hands were on his face, probably out of shock, and he was staring straight ahead, but not looking at anything. His eyes – both of them – were glowing red.

"Kakashi?"

He slowly turned to look at me, and then I understood. Obito must have somehow gifted him with his Mangekyo Sharingan – both of them – even after his death.

We now had two sets of Mangekyo on our side, which was really good.

"Okay, slight change of plans," I said, as another projectile came our way. "Uh, scatter!"