Ch. 12

Narrator's POV

You're all that matters to me! Yeah, yeah! Ain't worried about nobody else! If I ain't yo-

The radio sings.

Jacob hit his alarm clock groaning, "Ugh, turn that sh*t off!"

He took a look of his surroundings and saw he was on his couch, a bunch of red cups laying around him. Once again he had been drinking his problems away, Jacob had never been a heavy drinker but for the past few days that seemed to be the only escape. Massive hangovers, waking up in weird places, and alcohol breath was the downfall of it all though. But he didn't care.

Since his last encounter with Roc, he hadn't talked to his little friend since. Actually, that was over a week ago. Roc was nervous out of his mind though. He thought of Jacob as some kind of mental criminal who kills people for enjoyment. He isn't completely wrong though. No he wasn't scared of Jacob, he can beat his a*s in a minimum of 5 minutes. But it was the fact of what Jacob was capable of that made him uneasy.

In fact, Jacob spent these last few days trying to figure out what he planned to do now that Roc was his "partner", or something like that.

Jacob thought, 'Maybe this wasn't going to be such a bad idea after all.'

Now Roc couldn't turn him in because he was now apart of these crimes. And just in case he did, Jacob had a way of bringing him down with him. Just in case he tried to be slick. How? That's another problem for another time.

He took some medicine for his banging hangover, getting dressed and looking outside it was still dark. It was only 3 a.m. and he was packing his bags.

Wait, why was Jacob packing his bangs? And why so early in the morning?

Well he was planning on leaving and not coming back. But he wasn't doing it alone though. He made a phone call to Roc, which he hasn't spoken to in a week.

"Hello?" Jacob spoke into the phone.

"Yo." Roc's voice shook, but he was trying his best to hide his nervousness.

"Pack your bags, we leaving."

"Wait, what. Why?"

Jacob's anger was slowly rising, he didn't call to explain. He wanted this process to be quick and over with.

"Because I said so...look just pack up and I'll explain later but just know you won't be coming back for a long time." He sighed.

"Man, you mean I can't see my family? What kind of sh*t is this?"

"I know what I'm doing, but you really won't be able to see your family if you're in jail with a death sentence!"

Roc looked at the phone confused, as if Jacob could see him through the phone.

"Death sentence? What are you talking about?"

"Oh you're in these little crimes just as me now. And if I haven't gotten caught yet, what makes you think I will anytime soon? In case you didn't know I'm capable of a lot of things, and that includes making you get caught and me getting off scotch free." Jacob explained.

There was a long silence on the phone. Roc never thought Jacob could be so vile, so manipulative, and so conniving. But coming from Jacob, he isn't surprised. Just wondering how he got himself in all this mess is a little overwhelming.

"Aye, you still there?" Jacob asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I'm still here...

"Aiight, now get to packing."

"Oh and wait." Roc interrupted,

"Yeah?"

"Just letting you know, you won't be winning."

Jacob smirked, "Didn't know this was a game. But game on." He replied and hung up.

'Oh I won't be winning, huh?' Jacob thought, 'we'll game on.'

He finished packing and left in his brand new car, without saying good-bye to his mother. But he knew he'd make it up to her, at least with the help of Roc.

Speaking of Roc, he was on his way to pick him up. Honking the horn outside his house, he came out with a large back and put it in the back truck. Roc didn't know where he was being taken but he didn't question, he just sat in his seat looking at his house for probably the last time.

It was now 4 and the sky was still a little dark so Roc closed his eyes trying to go to sleep, where his dreams were better than reality.

Jacob drove for hours, it was now 8 and the sun was out and shining. Roc looked out the window and all he saw was woods. This was all too familiar to Jacob though. He drove to this hidden cabin deep in the woods where his Uncle would hide whenever he was in serious trouble.

They settled into the cabin and it was actually really nice inside.

As for Jacob, you may think he's doing the most right now, but he'll do anything and won't stop at nothing if it means not getting caught. After all, revenge has no regrets.

Revenge has no regrets.

Those 4 words stayed in Jacob's head like a bullet. And it was the last thing that was on his mind when he went to bed.

Meanwhile, Roc was laying in his new bed now, looking at all of his posters of famous rappers, but mostly his picture frames of family he brought with him. They were basically the only things in his life and they were taken away form him. Thinking about how worried they are about him, made his head pound.

He eventually got tired and closed his eyes where his dreams were better than reality.

_________________________________________________________________________________

VOTE? COMMENT? Give me feedback :*

SONG: Justin Bieber- All That Matters

Words: 970 (unedited)