Ch. 1

School. Hell. Literally the same thing. Constantly going through the same shit everyday. Am I crying? No. I'm all out of tears. I'm so used to crap like this I'm completely numb.

I'm a senior, I'm surprised I made it this far at this hell whole. I can't wait to finish school and never come back. I don't even know if I'm going to college, I don't exactly have the money for it. I just hope my scholarships would help out enough.

I live with my mom and that's it, no father, no siblings. Just us against the world. That's about it, my boring life.

Not that you'd care anyway.

Next is my free period, it's been a quiet day. I'm surprised I haven't heard that many people make fun of me.

"Thank go-..."

"Aye you did my homework last night?" Someone yelled knocking me into the lockers.

Daniel. Or "Diggy", that's what his 'group' calls him.

I hate everybody who's even friends with him. In the group is him, Jaden S. Jacob L. And these guys named Ray and Roc. You know that one kid at school who everybody just torments everyday? That's me.

The 5 of them thrive to make each and everyday a living hell for me. Me and "Roc" actually used to be best friend in elementary school. Just friends in middle school. And now he's just a stranger to me. And it's crazy because since they're "popular" and don't like me, automatically the whole school doesn't like me.

But Roc doesn't really bully me but he never stood up for me neither. And that's what hurts the most. I try not to let it get to me but sometimes it does.

"Ugh, my head..." I mumbled. I hit my head hard and was on the floor in pain.

"What's the matter you can't speak?" Diggy yelled, grabbing me by the collar, dragging me to my feet.

"It...it's in m-my bag." I groaned.

He let go of my collar and fell on the ground, yet again.

"I better get an A on this or it's your ass." He spat, kicking me on my side.

I watched in agony as they all walked away together. Roc gave me a long look filled with sympathy before walking behind his friends.

Everyone pointed and laughed but I don't see what's so funny about somebody being hurt.

My vision became blurry and voices became louder and that's all I heard before I blacked out.

A few hours later I woke up in the nurses office...again.

"You're finally up." She said writing something down.

"Yeah...I must've fell again."

"Look kid, you've been in here at least once every month since the school year has started."

"I know...sorry." I mumbled.

"I'll let you pass this time. But I'll be looking out for you Jacob Perez. Don't be too clumsy." She advised.

"Yes ma'am." I smiled, walking out her office, my smile soon faded.

This was my life.

My pain.

I didn't know how much time I had until the bell rung, it was so peaceful being in the halls without a single soul walking through them. But all good thighs must come to an end, the bell rung making a long and loud ringing noise.

"Great." I huffed looking at at the ceiling.

My adrenaline started to rush as I listened to the sounds come closer and closer. It's actually kind of frightening. Their heavy footsteps racing closer. People twice your size running you over.