Broken | Kate

Broken | Kate

I don't know why I did it, but I called him instead of Sam. It was like an automatic response. Listening to his calm, soothing voice had always helped me before.
My violent cries gradually turned into small steady sobs.
I realised his throat must be parched, because his voice had turned cracked. But he didn't stop. He never did.

I hung up when I realised he wouldn't. My cheeks were still wet and eyes bloodshot. I couldn't even dare to look into the mirror. This was something no one should see. Of course he had. He always held me when I went all bonkers on him. That was one of the hundreds of reason I loved him. 
Lov-ED. 
P a s t   T e n s e.
I missed him. A lot. But what he did was still fresh in my mind. I couldn't just brush it off.
So, with a heavy heart, I got my choco-bay ( my teddy ) and placed him in the innermost corner of the topmost cupboard.

After doing that, I just sat on the floor thinking. I didn't really know what I was thinking about. Just knew it was a mixture of Drake, Sam, my parents, Leah and me.
I thought about the other so called friends of mine who wouldn't even care if I die because they're pretentious. But I'm not.

This was completely outrageous.
I shouldn't think about all this. I decided to grow some balls ( well not literally ) and went down to confront my lovely parents.

They loved me. They were doing a great job of raising me. No offence.
But they always fought with each other. The most favorite topic - guess?
Yep. It was none other than - 
M E.

I know I should study and be a good child and give them no excuses for my laziness. But, I was what I was. There was nothing and no one who could change that. 
Or was it?