Broken | Drake

Broken | Drake 

I felt a hot iron rod down my throat when I saw her kissing Sam in the end of school. Everyone was hooting and cheering and I felt like ripping their bloody heads apart. It was  a blow to me and I started running away, tears falling down. I sat in the park for god knows how many hours, but the image of her kissing Sam was still haunting my mind.
Sam was my best friend, all the more reason for me to be pissed.
Sure I told her I didn't like her that way. I only loved her as a best friend, but she loved me more than that. Everybody knew. I was stupid enough to not understand it.
I did like Leah, she had been my friend longer than Kate.
But now, I didn't understand the unsettling lurching in my stomach, or the unstoppable tears, or the sudden urge to kill my best friend. It was a feeling so intense, it was almost too scary.
I didn't think she would move on so easily. I knew she didn't want us to be friends. I knew it was difficult. I knew I hurt her by rejecting her. But I really couldn't help it. It was a decision I had to make, and there was no thinking back now.
I started walking towards my place, stopping for a second in front of her house. It seemed like she and her parents were having yet another fight. In times like these, she'd always come up to my place and we would watch any stupid movie she wanted, huddled in the couch. This time though, she wasn't coming.
As I reached my place, my phone rang. I saw the caller Id and picked it up immediately. It had been months since I got a call from her. There was sobbing on the other end, so I just whispered about everything being okay to comfort her. We finally got off the phone after what seemed like ages and I was exhausted.
I knew she wouldn't utter a single word, she just cried and listened to me. I knew she probably hated me. But, she needed me too.
Kate.