Chapter 17

Xere cautiously stepped inside the Pelican. He wasn't sure if Sarah was even in the Pelican. There was a possibility that she jumped out, or worse. He knew she was strong. If she could survive through as many dangerous things that he had seen and heard about, she could survive this. He had a feeling that she did survive the crash. He continued on searching.

Out of the blue, he heard a strange noise creep inside the Pelican. He went deeper inside the ship, and found Sarah with Doctor Halsey. They both were out cold; though Sarah woke up when Xere had walked to her.

"Are you alright?" 

Sarah couldn't make out the voice at first. The voice seemed soothing, yet worried. The deep voice seemed like it could help calm anyone worried down. She then realized who it was coming from. The voice was Xere's. "Xere?" Sarah's voice was confused as she quickly stood up on her feet. "How did you get here?" 'That was a stupid question.'

"I saw your Pelican crash while I was on my ship."

Sarah nodded; changing the subject, "We need to get Doctor Halsey out of here safely."

Xere nodded as he helped carry the Doctor before Sarah could do anything. Halsey and Palmer were lucky to be alive. Not everyone can survive a terrible crash like they did. Usually Spartans did, depending on how bad the crash was. Though not all of them have made it.

Xere decided to ask again in his same tone of voice, "Are you alright Sarah?"

She nodded, "I'm alright." 

He nodded in response, not really knowing what to say next to her answer. He was just secretly relieved that she was alright. He lead Sarah to his ship, which could hold up to four to six people. When they arrived inside, he gently placed Doctor Halsey down in a place where she would be safe. It was in a small, but big enough room for her to lay down and recover. 

He closed the door, and went to the driver's seat, and started up his vehicle. The engines roared as they flew into the air like a free animal.