Chapter Thirteen: He Can't Hurt Us Anymore

Not quite sure how long this chapter is going to be. 

************

Bella POV:

The next morning came quicker than I wanted it to and soon enough we were all stood in the throne room to witness Edward's death. Since this in an execution, I wore a red sweetheart dress with Rhinestones that fell to the floor like waves of the sea.  I chose red because it's the colour of blood and it seemed very fitting for what is about to happen. 

(Bella's dress and look ^^^)

Aro looked at me with concern in his but I ignored him and continued looking at the main doors where Edward and Felix were soon to appear. The Cullen's walked in with their heads hung low and I couldn't help but feel a ping of sympathy for them, they were about to lose a family member. A family member who deserved what was coming to him. 

"Are you sure you want to do this? Once it's done it can't be undone" Alec whispers grabbing my hand. 

"Says the guy who cut off his hand with no intention of giving it back" I chuckle darkly. "Of course I want to do this. He deserves this. He deserves to die a quick and painful death"

"He could have died in the cell"

"That would have been slow and painful. Not to mention we would hear him cry out for blood every day" I look at him. "Are you really trying to change my mind on this?"

"No, of course not!" He defends himself and I roll my eyes. "This is just your first proper act as Queen. I just don't want you regretting it years from now"

"I've done plenty things which I regret Alec, this isn't one of them," I say softly. "Where 's Alice?"

"Our daughter is safe with Jane"

"I bet Jane is mad that she's missing out on this," I say smiling. 

"A little. But she adores our daughter and would do anything for her"

I giggle. "That's true"

Footsteps were heard and we all braced ourselves for what's to come. Alec squeezed my hand again. "After this, I want to take you out. We haven't been out on a proper date since we got together. What do you say?"

I look at him and smile. "I'd love to"

It seems a bit ironic talking about going out on a date at an execution, but that me and Alec for you. The double doors swung open and in walked Felix holding Edward by the arm. Edward was wearing nothing but brown trouser pants and a long red jacket with his head held low. Felix dragged Edward to the stairs by the thrones and made him get on his knees. 

"Edward Anthony Masen Cullen. You have been charged with crimes against our Queen. What do you plead?" Aro spoke up.

"I was going to plead not guilty but what's the point? You all saw what happened and I need to accept my fate" He mumbles. 

Seriously? "A simple guilty or not guilty is the answer needed Mr Cullen"

Edward looks at me dead in the eye. "Guilty"

Relief washed over me. He wasn't going to drag this out, we can just get this over with. Nodding, I let go of Alec's hand and stood in front of him. I watched as both Felix and Demetri dragged him to a wooden pole that now stood in the middle of the room with small grates around it on the floor to collect the ash. The Cullen's screamed out as Felix and Demetri tied him to the pole with super strong rope that no vampire can escape from. 

I grab the torch from Marcus. "Any last words?"

Edward sighs. "I'm sorry. I didn't want any of this to happen" He looks at his family. "Forgive me"

"If you didn't want any of this to happen, Mr Cullen, you should have backed off when you had the chance" Hisses Alec. 

With that , I walked over and placed the burning torch on the ground and watched as the fire spread up onto Edward's legs. He screamed in pain and not long after his whole body was in flames and the screaming got louder and louder until it stopped. The outline of his body was no longer seen so I gave the instruction to put out the fire. Ash fell to the ground and through the small grates and I smiled. Edward Cullen was dead. He can't hurt us no more.