Chapter Three: I can't stay here

Chapter Three of The Volturi Queen: I can't stay here. 

I didn't even bother to see if Edward was following, he probably wasn't. He didn't want me anymore. He thought he was better than me because I was some weak human. Yeah, a weak human who so happens to be carrying his vampire baby. Of course, he doesn't know that, and he won't ever know. He doesn't deserve to know. If he wanted to leave, then fine. I'm not stopping him. Me and blip will be totally fine without him. 

How very wrong I was.

As soon as I reached my truck that was still parked in the school parking lot, I felt movement from inside me that caused me to stop. Not because I was shocked (okay maybe a little) but because of the force behind it. The baby was already stronger than me and I knew I wouldn't survive this pregnancy. With that thought in mind, I jumped in my truck and started the short drive home praying that Charlie wouldn't be home yet. I needed time alone to think and with Charlie around, that wouldn't happen. I suppose if he is home, I could tell him about Edward and he could go and hunt him down. He wouldn't find him but it'll keep him busy until I can figure out what to do. 

But lucky for me, someone up there must be hearing my prayers as Charlie wasn't home as I pulled up. I practically threw open the truck door, ran (without falling....surprising myself once again) to the front door, unlocked it and slammed it behind me. The house felt empty and it was very quiet. It was strange considering that not even a few hours ago, he and his sister was in here choosing what I should wear for the day. It all started here. Dumping my bag on the floor, I ran upstairs to my bedroom, closed the door behind me and sat on my un-made bed. What was I going to do? Charlie couldn't know about vampires, therefore, he couldn't help me. So that rules out that idea. I didn't know any other vampire that would actually be willing to help me, so it looks like I'm on my own. Great.

Maybe I could get rid of the baby....do they even do abortions for vampire babies? No. I knew the answer just as I thought the question. They wouldn't do them as vampires aren't real to them. Besides, there's no way I would get rid of my blip.

Walking to my closet, I rooted through all the bedding until I found a random set. I picked up the purple bedding and started heading out of my closet when a piece of paper fell from somewhere. I frowned in confusion, dropped the bedding on the floor and picked the piece of paper up. On it was two words:

The Volturi 

Of course! I remember this! I wrote it down at my 18th birthday party after he told me who they were. I wanted to do some more research on them so I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget. 

He told me that when his kind wants to die, they go to them. The Volturi will either end your life or save you and make you join their guard. Maybe they could do the same for me. I know I'm not a vampire, but maybe the could help me through the pregnancy and then change me once I've given birth. It's too much to ask the 'royal family for the vampires' I know but they are the only hope I have got. Besides, certain vampires can't get into my mind...there must be a reason for that. And I bet the only way we're gonna find out is that if I became a vampire myself. 

I can't stay here. And I won't stay here.

My mind is made up. And if she was still watching my future, she would see it too. But I can't find it in me to care. The Volturi are my last hope. And they'll either help me or kill me. Either way, I end up dead.