Chapter Three

------------------

Dedication: NightLock1234 for reading all my books and commenting! Thank you so much! <3

Recap:

"Damn, I didn't think that through."

He cracked a lope-sided smile and I smiled back, glad to see that he has returned to normal.

"I'll try to pull my head in." he promised.

"Good boy."

We walked back into school and as soon as we entered, the Vice Principal stood there, her arms folded, a stern expression on her face.

"Finn Collins, come with me."

-------------------

I feel both mentally and physically drained when I drag my feet up our porch steps.

Even though all I want to do was collapse onto my bed and binge-watch Netflix, I find myself swapping my uniform for a pair of tights, a sports bra, my Nike crop top and my runners.

As I begin to jog down my street, I try relentlessly to get my mind off of today's events.

I can't believe he's back, after all this time. It took so long for me to get over him and what he did to me. That night changed my entire life. Now, he's back and all those strong, overwhelming feelings I had before, are resurfacing.

Gritting my teeth, I focus on the cold wind hitting my face as I ran. I instantly regret not wearing a jacket over my crop top. I can see my breath in front of me as my body temperature is much higher than the chilly air around me.

I push myself to run harder. Soon, sweat was running down the back of my neck. My cheeks felt hot from exertion and my legs felt like jelly, by the time I retire back home.

By this point, Finn had finished football practice and mum is home from work.

I walk into the kitchen to see mum with her head in her hands and Finn rubbing her back soothingly. I take it, he just told her the news of the Devil's return. Or that he might be suspended.

"Oh Is," my mother sighs. "Is it true? He's back?"

"Satan himself has returned," I tell her sadly.

"What does he want?"

Finn meets my eyes and shakes his head.

"I guess he's living back with his dad now, I don't know," I tell her with a shrug.

My mother is such a gentle and kind-hearted person. She gets emotional way too easily, crying at the most little of things. She wipes at her eyes and I stare at her for a moment. I look alike to my mum, except she has curly hair. Finn and I have adopted dad's straight hair.

She is a little shorter than me but we both have a small build and a petite waist.

Mum is dressed in a pair of high-waist black pants and a bright yellow shirt with glitter. She works at the primary school across town. She often wears bright, friendly colours and has insisted on painting our house just as bright and cheery as her classroom. I had to beg her not to paint the walls bright yellow, having settled on a mint green, instead. It doesn't look too bad with the design and furniture, but white would look nicer.

"I just hope he isn't back to cause any trouble," she sniffles. "He was always a little trouble maker." She flickers her eyes up to Finn. "You both were."