Chapter Eighteen

---------------------

Dedication: Tc31official for being awesome and posting one of the quotes on her Instagram! Thank you!

Recap:

For so long, I've hated Miles and now, I feel like I can't breathe, thinking he might not be okay.

I pull up home and let out a gasp of horror, seeing Miles sprawled on my porch, his face a mess of black and blue, with traces of blood trailing down from his nose. His face is crumpled in pain as he lays there, hunched over, gripping his sides.

"Holy shit," I breathe, feeling sick. "What happened?"

----------------------

Miles moans loudly and it drives me to my knees.

I frantically pat my hands over his body, trying to figure out how I can help.

"Feels like my insides are upside down," he gasps, looking on the verge of passing out.

"Can you get to your feet?" I ask him, feeling sick with worry.

Gritting his teeth, he nods. I wrap my arm around his torso. I try to lift and fall backwards, landing in a heap on the porch.

"Fuck," Miles groans. "I can't walk."

"How am I supposed to get you inside?" I cry out, feeling useless.

His blinking slows down, before he slumps, his head rolling to the right.

"Shit!" I curse, shaking him. "Miles, wake up!"

I can't believe this is happening again - first Jai, now Miles. With tears streaming down my face, my trembling hands begin dialling Finn's number.

"Yo," he greets after a few rings. "Where are you?"

"Finn!" I sob. "Come home and come alone. I need your help."

He's quiet for a few moments, before he replies. "Okay, hang on."

The line goes dead. I let out a sigh of relief, knowing that my brother will always have my back, no matter what. I shove my phone back in my shorts and try to wake Miles again, with no luck.

"Come on, Miles," I murmur, running my hands over his forehead, which seems to be the least bloodied part of his face.

Ten minutes or so later, I hear Finn's car. The loud exhaust comforts me as he gets closer. He sprints to the porch and looks shocked, his dark hair windblown from the carnival rides. His cheeks are stained a light red from the rush.

"What the fuck?"

"Don't ask questions, just get him inside," I instruct, my lips quivering.

Finn effortlessly pulls Miles to his feet, Miles' body slumping into Finn's muscular one. I quickly open the door, as Finn drags an unconscious Miles inside.

"Get some old towels, or a sheet," Finn orders, as though we have just killed someone and are now trying to get rid of the body.

I do as I'm told, before throwing the sheet onto the floor. Finn gently lowers Miles onto it.

"He's fucked," Finn states bluntly, his eyes travelling over the cuts and bruises spread carelessly across Miles' handsome face.

I drop to my knees. There are deep lacerations on his jaw and he already has dark bruises on his eyes. Blood has soaked his ashy blond hair, and his face is swollen and puffy.

"Who did this?" I whisper. "Eli?"

Finn folds his arms across his chest. "Eli is an asshole, but he isn't capable of this."