Chapter Thirteen

---------------------

Dedication: ThatDreamChaser for commenting so much, following me and voting for this story! Thank you so much for your support, I really appreciate it. <3

Recap:

I don't reply as I let him hug me, hating how nice it felt.

I detangle myself from him abruptly, snapping back to reality.

"I have to go."

I take the opportunity to get into my car. I lock the doors and start the engine, glad he didn't do anything to affect it, this time. I pull away from him and drive with shaky hands, unable to stop my mind replaying his words over and over.

---------------------

Sweat drips down the back of my neck as I struggle to catch up with Finn's long strides.

I pant, feeling my body growing weaker as my energy drains. Finn slows to a walk once we're on our street and I join him eagerly, placing my hands on my hips as I try to regain my regular breathing.

"God, it feels good to run," he breathes, throwing his hand through his sweat-drenched hair.

"I like running, but it's always exhausting going with you," I pant beside him.

"You're fast, but you need to work on your endurance."

"Yes sir."

He rolls his eyes as we make our way up the path. We walk into the kitchen. Finn withdraws two Powerades, unscrewing the lid of one and tossing the other in my direction. I weakly catch it, before collapsing onto the dining table chair.

"You ready for the game this Friday?" I ask Finn.

The upcoming game has been the talk of the school, throughout the week. We are versing Richmond River, who is our biggest rival. Finn and Miles have always had it out for The Captain and Co-Captain of their team, ever since they were young.

The games often end with injuries due to either rough playing, or a fight breaking out. We've also had a few incidents of party-crashing, mostly by them. Finn and Miles often retaliate in dangerous ways. It's been a nasty feud that has been on-going too long.

When Miles moved, it eased a little, but they are still very competitive. I'm half-wondering if there will be trouble at this game, knowing Eli Matthews, the Captain of Richmond's football team, will have heard of Miles' return. I already know that he won't be happy - considering it was Eli's girlfriend, supposedly, that he cheated on me with.

"I guess so," Finn grunts in response. "We've been training hard and we're in good form, but you never know what shit will go down, with the Richmond team involved."

"That's true," I agree with a grimace. "You need to control yourself. You're walking on thin ice."

"I'm not going into the game, looking for a fight. But if they come at me, I'm going to fight back."

I let out a sigh, not having expected any less.

I hear the front door open and close, before hearing mum's keys be placed on the bench, alongside her handbag.

"Hi guys," she smiles. "Smells like a boy's locker room in here."

I let out a laugh as she goes to the kitchen window, opening it wide. The cool, night air filters through the kitchen, immediately creating a slight chill, although it is refreshing on my heated skin.

"Hey Ma," Finn greets, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. "How was work?"

"Tiring, but good," she smiles. "How was school?"