Chapter Twenty

-------------------

Dedication: Dreamcatcher__13 for re-posting a quote on her Instagram! Thank you so much for reading and enjoying the story! <3

Recap:

After a few moments, I tilt my head back to look at me. He gingerly kisses my forehead.

"You have no idea what that means to me," he whispers.

In this moment, as I stare into his clear eyes, I feel myself falling for him.

Exactly like the last time.

--------------------

"Keep going!" the perky voice talk-shouts at me. "I know you can do it!"

"If she says that one more time," I warn with a grunt, as I run on the spot.

Mum lets out a breathless laugh, running beside me. We follow her directions and begin to run in circles around each other, our arms in the air, probably looking a little crazy if anyone can see us through the windows.

"Let's slow it down, ya'll," the lady calls out, returning to her former spot, the other four girls behind her doing the same. They all had bodies to die for and perfectly matching active wear, making mine and mum's outfits look a little lame.

The scene fades out for a moment and I stop, dragging the back of my hand across my forehead. Mum recently purchased several Zumba DVDs for fitness. We basically just copy what the ladies on the screen are doing and it's much more tiring than I expected.

The screen fades back in. They're are all on their back.

I groan, dropping to the floor, watching them do a series of acrobatic things with their legs.

We had just begun, when the front door opened.

"Well..." Finn says awkwardly, taking in the sight of mum and I. "This is weird."

"What is?" Alec asks, shouldering around him. His mouth falls open. "Oh."

Mum's face darkens to a beetroot colour. She scrambles to her feet as Finn and Alec begin snickering to each other.

"Boys! I didn't expect you home so soon." she splutters, looking incredibly embarrassed.

"We were hungry," Finn shrugs, before loping off to the kitchen.

Mum hurries to the bathroom, to freshen up. I raise my eyes to meet Alec's, only to see he has his back to me. He follows Finn and I sigh, laying back down on my back, still breathless from the work out.

Jai wanders over to me and collapses on the lounge.

"Isobella Mozzarella," he greets me in a friendly tone.

I roll my eyes. "Wow, you haven't called me that in ages."

Jai, Finn and my dad often used to call me 'Isobella Mozzarella', when I was younger and over-the-top obsessed with Mozzarella pizza. The nickname stuck with me for years.

"I know," he grins, before getting himself comfortable on the lounge. "How're you goin'?"

"Not too bad," I reply with a huff. "Yourself?"

"Real convincing, Is." he jokes. "I'm good. Great. Excellent. Fantastic, actually."

I snort. "Oh really?"

"I'm actually just good, but it made you smile, didn't it?" he beams and I can't help but smile back in appreciation.

"Hey, when does Kiarra get back?"