Pretty Cool

I sat at the kitchen table next to Blake and across from Jake and Lady. Jake was watching every move Blake made and I could feel the awkwardness in the air. I took a bite out of my sandwich. They had instantly made it for me after I had finished the kimbap. So now it was my excuse for not talking. "Sooo...." Jake let the word die off. "Yeah..." Blake answered. I raised a brow at them. 

"Card Wars?" At that Lady got up swiftly and started speaking in a language I didn't understand. If I didn't know any better I would say Jake had started to blush, but of course dogs couldn't blush. I leaned over to Blake. "You're uncle seems pretty cool." I whispered in his ear.He laughed and gave me a sidelong look. "What?" I asked. He shrugged. 

"Nothing. Most of my friends or-er most of my friends have never really used those words to describe him to me. Or their friends..." He said the last part under his breath, but I had still caught it. "You guys are just awkward....It's kinda cute." I told him with a smirk. He blushed and his hair flamed up. I let out a small laugh. 

"Uhm. Lady says no Card Wars...so is there something else you wanna do?" Jake said in a cautious sort of shy voice. "Where's BMO? I haven't seen him in a while." Blake asked while rubbing his hands nervously on his pants. I looked away from them to hide my smile.

"Oh he's off somewhere. I don't know where he runs off to these days." Jake said. Apparently BMO was a safe topic and they felt more comfortable talking about him. "Oh."

     ******Time Skip****** 

We were back in the coach on our way to the fire kingdom. "You know Blake you're really cute when you're shy. It's quite adorable really." I said with my head on his shoulder. He shook his head. "You were no help in there. I didn't know what to say the entire time. I never know what to say to him. It's not that I don't like my uncle. We just don't talk enough anymore for me to know what to say." Blake said while laying his head on mine. 

"I don't know how I could've possibly helped you, but I'm sorry for not." I said. 

"It's fine."

I closed my eyes and swam in the darkness it allowed. I was suddenly dreading the heat of the fire kingdom. They had set a fire protection spell on me, but I knew it was still gonna be hot. Is this really a good idea Leo? I asked my self before drifting off into a deep dreamless sleep.

A/N: Hey guys. Sorry it's so short, but I'm just trying to get to a certain point, and then the chapters will be longer, I promise!                   ~Xoxo, Toxic