Sneaking Off

I held on tightly to Blake's hand as we walked back to the castle. I tried to keep my eyes ahead, but I couldn't help but look over at his stony face.
His jawline was sharp, and his cheekbones high. He had a perfect cupid's bow, and his eyes were the most beautiful blue I had ever seen.

I still didn't understand why he had just kissed me like that. It made no sense. Moments before he had acted like he wanted nothing to do with me. My brain hurt just trying to think about it. "Why?" My voice cut through the quiet noises of the Candy Kingdom.

"Why what?" His voice was quiet and he instantly grew tense. "Why'd you just kiss me. You don't even know me Blake!" I said. I mean hadn't he ever learned "stranger danger"? He flinched at my condescending tone. Maybe I shouldn't have raised my voice.

"But I do know you Leo...I know all about you. Your favorite color is blue. Your favorite food is cherry red. Your the most caring person I know too." He said softly. I looked at him in surprise. Was he really my Blake. "Leo I've been head over heals for you ever since you accidently called me! I've just wanted to see your face." He said. I stopped. He really was my Blake.

"But why didn't you tell me it was you?" I asked. He looked down. "I don't know." He whispered quietly. I gazed at him. Then a smile broke across my face and I flung myself at him. I didn't kiss him. I didn't want to kiss him. Hugging him and having him there with me was all I needed. "L-leo?" He asked. I said nothing.

"Shut up!" I laughed. I hugged him tighter which I really didn't think was possible. But he proved me wrong when he wrapped his arms around me and crushed me against him. I wanted to stay like that forever, but I also wanted to breath, so I broke away from him with a happy smile spread across my pink face.

"Come on. You don't want to keep my father waiting." I said. I reached for his hand and held it tightly. The entrance to the castle came into sight and I stopped at its candy steps. "Come on Leo." He said. I followed him as he went up the steps and into the castle.

We entered the hall and started to my dad's study. Then Pepper turned the corner and let out a frightened squeak. "Oh my prince. You scared me. Come. Your father is getting impatient." She said before turning and leading us along at a faster pace.

She threw open the doors and then seemed to disappear into the shadows. "Leo. Blake." Father floated in the air above my dad's chair. "Marshall please come down from there." Dad said. Finn and Flame King sat across from my dad's desk. "I like it up here Bubba." He whined. The two other adults shared an amused look.

"Anyways. We have created a schedule for you and Blake for this month." Dad said while straightening papers. He then held out two sheets to both Blake and I. "Do we really need a schedule dad?" I ask while taking both if them and handing one to Blake. "You two will be going back and forth from the Candy Kingdom and Fire Kingdom this month and working out certain political issues." Father said.

He floated down from the ceiling and put a hand on Dad's head. "Marshall please stop." Dad said with a sigh. "Now stay here while we talk about where the three guests will be staying." Dad said. He folded his hands and turned to Finn and Flame King.

They started yammering on, but none of it was interesting so I spaced out. I felt Blake slip his hand into mine. I glanced over at him. He had his eyes closed and was leaning against the wall. "Dad I wanna show Blake a book that's totally math. We'll be over there. Call us when you need us." I said as I led Blake over to a corner in the room far enough away from the adults that we could talk in private.

"Leo you know I don't like books." He said. I laughed and dragged him closer to the bookcase. "Watch this." I said as I pulled down a regular brown book. "History of Trapdoors and Hidden Chambers". Then with I silent whoosh of air a part of the bookcase came out and I pulled it open revealing a passage that led everywhere throughout the castle.

"Come on." I said as I grabbed his hand and led him into the dark passage. "Do you think we should be doing this?" He asked in a worried voice. I laughed. "Pepper uses these to get anywhere, but she's in the study still. We won't get caught." And the bookcase shut behind them.

"Wow its a little darker than I thought it would be." I said. "I could help, but..." He trailed off. I glanced at him. "Too scared to say how?" I teased. His head of hair lit up and suddenly I could see all around us. He was like a walking torch.

I didn't like being this close to him while he burned. I was worried I would melt or something. We continued walking, but I staid slightly further away from him than I had originally been. He noticed. I saw his eyes shyly take note of the bigger gap between us.

"It's right this way." I said. "Okay." He whispered back. "Don't judge me okay?" My voice was small and I found the little door to my room's closet. "Why are we whispering?" Blake asked. I glanced at him then laughed. "I don't know!" I said in my regular voice which sounded too loud for the almost silent passage.

Then with a slight jab, I pushed the door open. There was my room. In between clean and destroyed. My bed was made, and things were straitish. But things were thrown hastily on yhe floor in my search for Hambo.

I wasn't gonna tell him that I had been searching for my stuffed toy though. So I lead him in. At first we just stood their akwardly, but I took the lead and went to go lay on my bed. "I'm not gonna bite...hard." I said playfully. He laughed flopped down at my feet with a sigh.

"So now that we've snuck off, what're we gonna do?" He said. He looked at me and I felt myself blushing. I had some ideas, but I doubted he would agree with them.