Threats

We sat in the dining hall that we rarely ever used. We all sat on the east side, so my father didn't have to worry about the sun. Finn sat next to Fire King, dad sat at the head of the table, father sat opposite of Fire King, I sat next to him, and Blake sat next to me.

Everyone, but Father and I, was eating sandwiches from a platter, where as, Father sucked the red from some apples, and I focused on some strawberries.

Dad ate quietly while everyone else talked with eachother. I grabbed Blake's hand under the table and quietly ate my strawberries, and talked when spoken to.

Suddenly there was a commotion out in the hall with banana guards shouting to eachother. And then the door swung open. An old lady with flowing white hair came in.

Finn leapt to his feet drawing his sword, Flame King instantly flared up, Father stared in shock, and Dad slowly got to his feet. "Ice Queen." Dad's voice was dripping disdain. Blake's hand tightened painfully on mine.

"Hello Gumball." She said. She snapped her fingers and an instant later Finn was incased in ice along with the other adults. She turned her attention to Blake and me.

He rose to his feet with anger glinting in his blue eyes. I followed suit staring at the Ice Queen. I held on tightly to Blake's hot hand. Wait hot? That wasn't right. I knew he started to flame up if he was embarrassed, but quite frankly I had thought that was it, only when he was embarrased.

But his red hair was taking on a blue, like his angry eyes. Usually it was just his hair, but his whole body seemed to be sending heat waves through the air.

She plaintivly ignored Blake and went over to Finn. She unfroze half of Finn and then Dad and Father. Dad instantly glared.

Father looked at him with a sad expression. "Honestly Marshall, don't look at me like that." She walked over to Dad and put her finger under his chin. "Tsk tsk, you've aged splendidly, just like a good wine." She said leaning close to his face.

"Simone what are you doing here?" Father asked quietly. She glanced at him. "I have no idea why you call me that Marshall Lee." She said with disdain.

"Finn." She said. "Ice Queen leave!" He shouted. She let out a maniacal laugh. "Well I've come up with a desicion!" She said. Dad was struggling trying to get out. "Since...I could never have you Gumball. I will have your son." She said.

I flinched and took a step back, never taking my eyes off her. I still clutched Blake's hand and it was getting hotter. "Well look at that. Looks like somebody's mad!" She mocked. Blake flared up. His blue turning to orange.

She walked over and with a wave of her hand had Blake frozen. "I'll have you soon enough Leo. Just you wait. I'll have you." She said. I was frozen to the spot. She patted my face with her hand. I backed away.

She grabbed my wrist and pulled me close. My other hand was stuck with Blake's in the ice. Her breath smelt like mint and it was sickly sweet. Then she backed up and winked at me.

Then as soon as she had appeared she left. Flying through the window and leaving us behind.

I stared out the window in shock. I snapped out of it. "Pepper! Come quick Pepper!" I called out and turned to Blake. I wrenched my arm free and beat at the ice. With a deep breath I felt myself shift, and then I was a giant pink monster. I kicked at the ice until it shattered.

Then I set straight for Fire King. With one kick the ice fell away. He was weak and could barely stand. I grabbed a chair, and gave it to him to eat. Within a few seconds he was a writhing ball of flame. He melted all the others free.

I shrank back down and fell into Blake's arms. What had just happened? Dad and Father came to me with worry etched across their faces.