Chapter 11

All I could feel was pain. Pain that wasn't my own. Eric was utterly and completely heartbroken and it was only causing me more pain. I didn't understand why he was so much more upset than me. I mean, he's the one with all these secrets and lies. I've just been sucked into this shit-storm.

Michael had walked me to my room and locked the door behind him as he went. He'd made some nasty comment about staying to help with my pain but that was quickly shot down. I needed to figure out what to do, and obviously that was going to happen on my own now.

Watching Slone walk away from me without listening to me was heartbreaking. She should have known me better than that. I'd opened up to her and told her my darkest secrets and she thought that Rachel was really my wife? Rachel and I do have a past but it's nothing that ends in wedding bells.

About a hundred years ago, I was sitting in this tavern somewhere, drinking my life away when this prostitute came up to me and offered herself to me for money. Yes, my first thought was she is beautiful, but it never went past sex and that night.

She took me back to her "room" and we slept together. Just as I was getting ready to leave, Michael walked in and turned Rachel into a vampire. He's done that with almost every woman I've ever been with in hopes they are the one. Michael follows me around and causes death and destruction everywhere he goes. Rachel has always been obsessed with me but only because Michael has filled her head with lies.

I haven't seen Rachel since that night and at no time did I think about her again. That's what kills me. Michael is watching us more closely that I suspected and I should have known better. Slone thinking I'm married is my fault and I'll find a way to make her see otherwise.

Martin took me to my room... or cell I should say. Under Michael’s house is where he brings all his favorite people to stay. My cell is no bigger than a closet, with a toilet, sink and a blanket on the floor. There are no windows and the only accessory on the wall is a set of chains.

I grabbed my blanket and rolled it into a ball, laying down and placing it under my head. My only hope was that Slone was asleep in her room, giving me access to her dreams again. She had to listen to me and this is the only way I can reach her without Michael knowing.

I lay in bed for hours, unable to shut my mind off and fall asleep. It felt like someone was watching me and if I trusted my gut, I bet I was right. I'm sure Michael has this room wired and equipped with a two way mirror or two. I just needed to shut my mind off and sleep.

As I lay there, the only thing I could think of was Eric. I thought back to the times we'd been together and how he'd never once showed any kind of feelings for anyone else. He's done so much to keep me safe and how can you do that if you’re in love with someone else? The more I thought about all of this, the more I realized something was off. Instead of getting mad at Eric, my anger started to shift towards Rachel and Michael.

I looked around my room, taking in everything when I started to feel my eyes droop and get heavy. I don't know what I was so scared off by falling asleep but something just kept telling me not to. I blinked a few times (or so I thought) and when I opened my eyes the last time, I was back in that beautiful forest I'd seen Eric in last.

I moved quickly to the biggest tree I could find and I pressed my back against it, looking around. I was praying that he wasn't here. I didn't want to see Eric or Michael and this place only reminded me of both of them.

"Slone," someone whispered from my left side. I whipped my head to that side, jumping slightly as I did. I looked around and I didn't see anyone.

"Slone," someone said from the other side, tapping my shoulder.