Dragon's War: Part One

Perhaps it is not the wisest idea to begin the story on a relatively happy note. This is, after all, the story of many dragons. Not just one. Ashuton is but one cog in the machine of Draconizica, no matter where his actions lead him.

We should venture forth into the future, where all the sad things he experienced culminate into one singular experience for all of dragonkind in earth.

That sadness of his that you witnessed in the beginning? That girl he had fallen in love with?—yes we will get back to her later. It wasn't enough to stop him from descending into madness.

_________________

Year: 20XX

SONG: http://youtu.be/sW7x6c9TksI 世界は構築される by Rekka Katakiri ( 片霧烈火 )

~~~

Dragons were rejoicing on this evening

In Italy, the setting sun gave way to an orange sky

Society had stopped for a moment to listen as the Emperor's son addressed the world

Computers were hijacked, television and radio shows were interrupted, mobile devices replayed the message, and we, the audience, were forced to listen as an important day in draconic history was made.

Not even people in their cars could escape the message, even if they turned their power off.

I have seen how far your corruption spreads. I have seen how you treat us, and how you manipulate the defenseless among our kind. You think we don't have feelings and that we're just animals...

People couldn't confine to their social networks or text their friends to converse about this

The crowd that gathered to watch him in person was whispering among themselves

You use us like cattle, destroy our bodies, you kill us and steal our precious resources...

His father, Emperor Aronne, stayed in his office, his gaze cast outside the window but his attention absorbing the message from the radio.

He couldn't stop his ardent son from creating this big, world-changing event. He would have to go against an entire army of his people, or fight Ashuton directly. He's done all he can. He's tired.

He grits his teeth as his son delivered a message of "hope" to their dragons.

We are much more advanced than you think. It was the mistake of the parliament, the council and my father for keeping our secret buried as you murdered us. We will NOT take the damage from you anymore. My dragons will NOT continue to succumb to your sickening experiments, befall to your system and slavery. We are free and I will make sure we extract our vengeance upon you and show you who we really are.

When he spoke the part about free people, the volume of his voice increased.

When Seraphina entered the office, Aronne held her hand and kissed her on the cheek for a small piece of comfort. They stood in silence, worried for their son, as the cheers on the radio continued. To rage war with amother species is a sure sign of a dragon's mind breaking from torture.

I, Prince Ashuton Karrucci, God of Dragons, will declare war upon humanity. When I feel you have been crippled enough, I will see if you deserve a reprieve.

This was the part where some of the Dragons started rejoicing.

Ashuton walked off, leaving the crowd to descend in chaos as dragon shifters quickly changed into their dragon forms. They heard the directive, so now is the time for action. They started abducting people in the streets; by holding them in their paws, their maws or with their tails, and refusing to let go as they flew off.