Dragon's War: Introduction

This is the first story in this collection. It details the war that Ashuton Karrucci, the prince of dragons, initiated with humanity. There are two parts to this story: the long version and the short version. The short version is the general description of events. The long version details Ashuton's personal story: his descent into madness.

Here's a simple fact you should know about the dragons: In the Pre-Cambrian Era of Earth, everything was quiet. The Draconizica Empire, a society of intelligent space dragons, had deployed their troops to the planet Earth. The troops came back with a full report: there was no sentient life. So the dragons sent two million of their species to Earth and made it their home. When humans had arrived, dragons were friendly to them. Years later when humans had evolved enough, they had become companions to dragons. The earth dragons formed an extended branch of their empire called Antonin.

In the 21st century dragons are a regular part of society. Some are companions to humans, but most are not. The dragon empire's rivals are the Crotonians, dangerous insectoid shifters whom are at the base of the Lucerano Empire. The two empires have been at war since the Crotonians landed on Earth, seeking what the Dragons possessed.

//OVERVIEW, RETRIEVED FROM DRAGON AI#4634 MARTHA RECALCITRANT//

Dragon shifters are stolen and experimented on. Their precious parts are sold in the black market. They become slaves, toys and sex dolls to the cruelest of people. This ensues a war between the dragon empire and humanity. On November 21, a fleet of ships descend from the sky. Dragons, their shifters and their bipedal troops outnumber humanity by the billions. In the aftermath, various survivors uncover mysteries: the dragons are experimenting on people, using science to recreate their lost breeds. Other secrets uncovered include the location of their utopian homeworld, the androids they crafted to become companions to humans and their emperor's plot to build a network of towers over our precious cities. As the survivors cope with living with these intelligent beasts, they begin to wonder: why hadn't they foreseen the war?