Chapter 12

Promise gasped.

"I'll  . . . obey you," She choked out the words she promised never to do, never to say.

"Good. First you'll need to get cleaned up," Rob snapped his fingers and the guards grabbed her.

They led her to another room, this one with a bed and bathroom and a change of clothes.

"Why is it red?" Promise whispered once she saw the clothes.

A female guard had been sent in to watch her.

At least Rob still had that decency still.

"Represents blood, just like his red rose," The female guard replied stone faced.

"Blood shed for all that he has killed?" Promise asked in a tortured voice.

"Yes."

The guard quickly showed her the shirt that had buttons on one side of the shirt.

The guard told her the buttons go in the back and Promise nodded wondering why.

Promise slowly grabbed the clothes, she took them into the bathroom with her and washed up.

Since there was no mirror she couldn't be sure that she got everything.

There was even a shower which Promise took in three minutes flat.

She slowly dressed in the formfitting red pants and the red tank top.

When she picked up the blood red cloak she was surprised.

"I have to wear this?" She asked the female guard coming out of the bathroom.

The female nodded then handed her red ballerina slippers.

Promise sighed and slipped into the slippers, then drew the cloak over her shoulders and fasted the clasp at her neck.

She fixed her long white hair into a ponytail on the top of her head, then braided it down.

Her sunglasses were firmly in place.

The guard rebadged her wrists.

Promise took a steadying breath.

"Please God, help me," She whispered.

When Kelly and Jasmine were grabbed from their room, they were surprised when the guards gave them actually food to eat and not just the normal bread and water.

Once they finished they were given clothes to change into.

"Why are they red?" Kelly asked as she and Jasmine were thrust into a bathroom.

"I'm not sure," Jasmine replied.

They quickly cleaned themselves up then put on the red pants and tank top.

Jasmine held up a green cloak.

"What in the world . . . . ?" She let her voice trail off.

Kelly closed her eyes and pulled the cloak over her shoulder, fastening it at her throat.

Jasmine did the same.

The door to the bathroom opened and two pairs of green slippers were thrown in.

"Hurry up.  And fix your hair," The order was barked harshly.

Jasmine and Kelly did as bid but they didn't like it, not one bit.

When they were done they were grabbed from the room and marched down a hallway.

Then they entered a huge room and the first thing they saw was Rob sitting in the middle of the room on a gold covered high back hair.