Chapter Two

7 YEARS AGO.

Seventeen year old Promise HardStone quickly put her dark sunglasses on as her sister came into her room.

Kelly HardStone frowned at her.

"You know we don't mind about your eyes, so why wear them in our company?" She asked. Kelly was two years younger than Promise.

"You know they freak out mom and dad," Promise told her, sadness in her voice.

"They can't even give me a real hug!"

Kelly looked away then back.

"Well, I love your eyes and I like them, so don't feel like you have to wear them in front of me," She said and Promise nodded teary eyed.

She went forward and hugged her little sister hard.

"Anyway, Rob is here and is asking for the whole family to come into the living room," Kelly sniffed a little.

Promise decided to take a chance and left her glasses on the bed.

Promise nodded and arm in arm they went.

Rob was standing in the middle of the room, facing the couch where her parents and brother sat. A blood red rose was pinned to his jacket.

"Hey! It's good to see you!" Promise said gleefully and started to go forward to hug him then stopped dead when she saw the gun in his hand.

"Rob?" She asked eyeing him.

"Sit down both of you!" Rob snapped.

Promise and Kelly quickly sat beside their brother on the couch.

"What's going on?" Promise asked her eyes wide with fright.

Rob grinned and cocked the gun.

He point blank shot both her mom and dad.

Promise and Kelly screamed, their brother Roy also yelled.

Blood had splattered on them.

They all rushed to get up and run but Rob yelled and they froze.

"Don't move," He said and Roy twitched.

Rob shot him in the heart and Roy was dead before he hit the ground.

Promise and Kelly grabbed each other and stared at Rob scared.

Rob laughed.

"You see, I told you when you turned down my date I would get even with you," Rob laughed again.

Kelly buried her head into Promises shoulder.

"Please, I'm sorry, Please," Promise begged holding her sister tightly, trying to keep from crying.

Kelly was already sobbing but the sound was muffled.

In one swift move Rob dropped the gun pulled out a knife and flung it at them.

the knife buried it's self into Kelly's shoulder, making her cry out and she suddenly went limp.

Promise fell with her sister screaming her name, and knew her sister was dead.

Screaming she crawled away but Rob grabbed her sandy blond hair and yanked her back.

Promise hit the ground and her head hard.

Rob jumped on her, the knife posed above his head.

Promise gave a blood curling scream and Rob stabbed the knife right above her right breast. The red rose was taunting her as blood seeped out.