Chapter 9

"Let's let them handle dinner why we talk about a game plan," Promise said with a sweet smile.

Kelly and Jasmine shot each other sly looks and nodded.

They all trooped downstairs, discovering the men were in a lively football discussion. Even Sam was talking.

Once they saw the women however they stopped and looked sheepishly.

"We decided we need a night off from Rob Miller," Cassidy growled the name.

"Works for us," Promise shot a delighted look at her sister and Jas.

Sam, Butch and Cassidy noted this and looked at them suspiciously.

"We're just going to be upstairs talking, so we're leaving dinner into your capable hands," Promise said turning toward the girls.

Bolting up the stairs all three women hurried into Promises room, once they made it they slammed the door shut and started laughing.

"Did you get the feeling we've just been doped?" Sam asked after a couple minute silence.

All three men were staring at the stairs.

"In fact, I do whole heartily agree we've been doped," Cassidy replied.

"Yep, were totally suckers," Butch added.

They were still staring at the stairs.

Then in union all three sighed "Women!"

Promise settled back in her bed and smiled at Jasmine and Kelly who were settled in front of her.

"I guess we could take a break from Rob Miller just for tonight," Promise sighed.

"Yeah," Kelly added lazily.

"So how'd you and Sam meet?" Kelly directed it at Jasmine.

Jasmine smiled softly.

"I'll never forget it actually, I had just gotten transferred to the office and I was talking with my new boss Nathan when he, Nathan I mean, called out and this huge man stepped out of the shadows. I just looked him straight in the eye and smiled at him, Sam said I like her and then he left, when I turned back to Nathan he was smiling well beaming really, he was so thrilled," Jasmine sighed and rolled her eyes at the memory.

Promise and Kelly sighed with her.

"That is so sweet," Kelly said smiling.

Promise thought of Cassidy and smiled to herself.

"What was that!?" Jasmine asked catching her smile.

"Nothing mother," Promise said in a sing song voice.

They all laughed.

"I was just thinking about Cassidy that's all," Promise admitted.

"Ooooh! Tell all!" Jasmine and Kelly laughed happily.

"It's just that I knew we were meant to be together when we first met, I was just fighting against it I guess," Promise said her eyes glazing over as she remembered her first look at Cassidy. Standing proud and tall.

Kelly rolled her eyes and their attention turned to her.

"And what about you? Huh? I saw that hot lip lock you and Butch were sharing!" Promise accused.

"What!? And I missed it! No fair!" Jasmine pouted.

Kelly flushed.

"I dare you to march down there and give Butch a kiss he won't forget!" Promise said suggestively.