Chapter 22: Are Apologies now Worthless?

Are Apologies Now Worthless?

"Tell me again why we're here this early?"

"I wanted alone time with you, is that too much to ask for?"

I blushed, unbuckling my seatbelt as Tyler parked in the back lot at school. He turned to me, his seatbelt already off, smirking as he leaned forward to give me a small kiss. I smiled softly and my shoulder rested uncomfortably against the console as I met him halfway to kiss again.

"Babe, I'm moving to the backseat," I said, pulling away as the console kept pushing into me. "This console is digging into my shoulder."

Tyler followed suit as I climbed into the back. Once he was there, the next thing I knew, he had straddled me, kissing my neck.

"Ty," I breathed out, my heart beating faster as he sucked my neck.

"Hmm," he mumbled, beginning to kiss my collarbone.

"Did you jus-"

"It'll be our little secret."

I blushed again, running my hands through his hair as he kissed his way up to my mouth. I let out a soft moan as he kissed me deeply, running his hands under my shirt. He brought me closer to him, and when we broke away, I managed to tug off his shirt, throwing it onto the floor.

Smirking, he leaned closer to me, his hands trailing to my stomach. I shivered, meeting his gaze and seeing his green eyes dark with emotions.

"My turn," I whispered, scooting up so I could lean forward to kiss his jawline.

Tyler let out a small groan as I kissed down his neck, giving him what he had to me. I kissed his shoulder, then moved my hand from his arm to the middle of his chest, then trailed down to the waist of his jeans. He caught his breath, and I smirked against his skin, making him pin me down gently and I took that moment to wrap my legs around his waist, my hand snaking back up to run through his hair.

"You are such a tease," he grinned, shaking his head before lifting up my shirt halfway so he could kiss my stomach.

He pressed his lower body down on mine once I unwrapped my legs, allowing him to pull my jeans down so he could kiss my hips. I held my breath, nervousness fluttering through me for the first time throughout this. I could feel my heart pounding against my ribcage as he kissed lower, closer and closer...

"Stop," I said suddenly, my heart continuing to race.

Tyler looked up quickly, backing off. He stared at me, concern written on his face.

"I'm sorry," I panted, sitting up. "I just... I don't... Ty..."

He shook his head. "You don't need to be sorry, Mercedes. I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

I trained my gaze on his shirt, faintly touching my neck. "But how far would that have gone?"

"I have no idea," he said truthfully, staring at the seat between us.

I closed my eyes, leaning my head back against the headrest and breathed in deeply. My hand moved slightly as he brushed his against mine, lacing our fingers together as we sat in complete silence.

I knew I didn't feel regret, but there was something simmering in the bottom of my gut that I couldn't pinpoint. I had no idea what it could be though, and even through walking into school, pretending once again that Tyler and I hate each other, I was still lost.

"Hey," Val greeted me as I stopped by her locker. "Nice going falling asleep in the middle of a restaurant."

I sighed, giving her a look. "Really?"