Chapter 17

Seeing this felt as if I was the luckiest girl in the world. Seeing this magical wonderland come to life in front of me made me feel elated and excited. However, seeing this made me wonder how he could've manage it, when I came down, it was clear and now it's covered in fake snow, paper love hearts and fairy lights. Of course, the staff couldn't have helped since they weren't here but who could?

"I know you're wondering what the hell is going on, about why we're separated from the rest when they're giving out presents but I wanted to give you yours alone. It's not a cheesy gift or anything, it's just rather personal," he spoke.

"Huh? The only thing I'm confused about is how you managed this," I spoke.

"With ease," he joked.

"How?"

"When you and your dad was having that talk and after you were having breakfast."

"Wait, you knew about the talk?" I queried.

"Of course. We had to get you distracted somehow and it seemed the best way."

"But... But you went home straight away last night. You didn't have time to make plans or speak to my dad," I stuttered.

"There's a simple invention called a telephone," he spoke sarcastically.

"Alright, Mr sarcastic!" I said, rolling my eyes.

"I didn't come here to fight with you or anything. Really, I didn't," he said softly. "You're my life, Abi, and I know it's inevitable for us to be apart but I promise to be there through the thick and through the thin for the rest of our lives."

"Klein, what the heck?" I asked gobsmacked.

As he spoke those small words, he got down on one knee (again) but this time for a different reason. It wasn't an engagement ring he was holding out but another kind of ring. I don't know what though.

"I'm not proposing since that has already happened but I am showing a promise ring," he spoke clearly. "I'm promising to stay by your side whatever the situation and whatever the argument. You're my one and only, my life and my best friend. Don't let Cole and John hear that, they'd castrate me. But I promise to listen whenever you need me, and I promise to be there to help protect our children and I promise to love you eternally."

"Oh my god," I muttered. "How... How could you... Oh my god," I stuttered flabbergasted.

"I know it seems weird, but I'm serious. I want you to wear this ring as a promise," He said getting up.

"Klein, I can't accept the ring but the promise I can," I said softly.

Cupping his face in my hands, I softly placed my lips on his. I knew it was a wrong move of judgement but at least it's not in the open where everyone can see us. And for that I was thankful. Of course, there was the height difference to contend with but being in an embrace helped.

"Abi, I'm giving you the ring as a promise. And as a present. I wanted to do it in a special kind of way, and not the more traditional way of doing a promise," He spoke, breaking the kiss.

"I never said that I hated it. I meant that the ring just looked so damn personal to you," I clarified.

"Because it is personal. The ring belonged to my grandma. It was a ring my papa gave to my grandma before they were engaged. I wanted to pass it on to you because, I'm promising to love you and to hold you through the hardships and the pain, I'm promising to continue loving you when you don't need me," He explained.

"But Klein," I whined.

"'But Klein' nothing. You deserve to wear that ring with pride because my grandma would be proud to call you her in-law granddaughter. Because whatever you do, you do it with pride. You love what you do. You don't moan about anything and you help everyone, and that's what everyone loves, what I love the most," I spoke. "I'm giving you this ring as promise and for love. I promise to love and cherish you until the ends of the earth."