Chapter 27

Chapter 27:

John and I were stood in front of my dad. He had this expression locked upon his face. One that was mixed with anger and sadness. I knew he was feeling anger for something so important coming out to the students of our school but he was angry because he couldn't protect me. I knew he wanted the world to be oblivious to the problems that were arising within my life.

"How?" He asked so abruptly.

"Well, that would be my problem, sir," John spoke, addressing my dad so formally.

"Elaborate."

"Well, Klein and Abigail were talking about how she wasn't eating and things in school at lunch and I knew what she was meaning because I was feeling the same. Things kind of got out of hand after that. Because, I mentioned about how I knew she had an issue, due to me being in the hospital at the same time she was. It was sort of stupid to do but I had to let her know that I was there for her when she felt that things were getting too much." He explained.

"John, you're not at fault here. I know why you were talking about it. And we knew that you were in hospital the same time as Abi. Well, her mum and I knew. We just didn't say anything to Abi that one of her friends knew, besides Klein. We wanted her to find out on her own."

"So, you knew that John had anorexia?" I interrupted.

"We were quite aware of it. The ward you were in to begin with was full of kids suffering from it. John was one of those kids that were there, along with many others you go to school with. I just didn't say anything because I knew that he would want to tell you himself," My dad spoke.

"John, did you know?"

"No, I did not. I only knew you had it but not any of the rest of them around me. All I can vaguely remember is my mum telling me something about how the king of Milowa had spoken to her about how she was dealing with the stress of having a kid so incredibly sick with a mental disorder."

"Wow. I knew nothing of this. Who else was in that room with John and I?" I asked my dad.

"I can't fully remember their names but I know that I spoke to everyone of their parents, asking them how they dealt with the stress of having a kid incredibly sick. I dealt with the pain of having to see you like that and I had to ask how they dealt with it," My dad admitted. "I'll admit it wasn't the best thing to do because some of the reactions upon their faces showed me that they were surprised such things go on in the palace. But, John's mum helped me the most. She described me how she was feeling and how she felt when she found out that John was severely ill with anorexia. She never told John how she was feeling because she felt it would torture him into thinking he was worthless and that he felt he was ruining the family. That's why she coddled you with love, a bit like what Lucas done for Abigail. She wanted to make sure that you didn't relapse."

"So, you're saying that my mum done it for love?"

"I'm saying that she done what she done to protect you and to make sure you stayed alive."

"King Michael, I'm greatly appreciative of what you done and I'm thankful that you kept that secret hidden from everyone," John said, thankful.

"It wasn't my secret to tell. It was yours and I wasn't going to spill something when it wasn't my place. You have no reason to thank me. I'm just thankful that Abigail has someone who she can relate to."

"It's my pleasure, King Michael."

"Right we got off tangent, but, I'll deal with this Lauren person. Now, off you go and I'll sort this mess."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dad was true to his word. He kept me out of it, John too. He spoke with Lauren and her family privately. Turns out that Lauren had multiple personality disorder. And hadn't been taking her medication. At least that was one problem sorted out and now I can finally breathe around school and focus on my final exams.