Chapter 2

Today is slowly dragging its way in. When I last checked on my gran's table clock it only read 10.30 am, and that is ridiculously slow. It should be later than that, well, I think so anyhow. I doubt Klein knows about the engagement ceremony so I'm going to have to tell him. And it must be soon. I was meant to be at school today, along with Klein but we got relief, well, everyone got relief but they had to show up once my dad was back home and everyone was dispersing, but Klein and I had to stay all day. Except, he didn't; he ran after the small talk we had after my dad came back. I don't have a clue as to where he went but I'm sure he'll turn up for the family lunch we're meant to be holding. I hope he turns up, otherwise I'm going to look like a proper idiot.

I made my way back to my room, my sanctuary, to do some light reading to pass time. However, I knew I'd get lost in the imaginary world of fairy tale princesses. Well, obviously, not them but something similar. My favourite book has to be Twilight, I'm joking there, it's actually Harry Potter, I'm just in love with how heroic Harry actually is and how he managed to beat off Voldemort at just a year old. I'm just in love with how J.K Rowling described his life and how horrid it was being an outcast in his family. It sort of describes my brother right now, except he's not magic, just a sole survivor of the royal family. Well, he's a little strange but you can't help who you love and who you don't. He didn't like his pre-arranged girlfriend Emily, he's always liked Shelby, and she's reciprocated the feelings back. Of course, Emily was angry that he abdicated his title but we also knew she was a money grabber.

Emily was the only one, who was apparently compatible for my brother, but my brother didn't believe so, he just felt as if there was something wrong with her. He always had to buy her things and take her out on expensive dates just to please her. And there always had to be pictures of them two on the front of the magazines at her pleasure, not for my brother's sake, but for hers. It as if she was the controlling one, and that she was the royal, but when my brother abdicated his title to make me next in line, she became so sour faced. She tried to worm her way back into the family by trying to get my brother to reconsider, but when Lucas kissed Shelby right in front of her, her face dropped. That was 3 years ago, just after mum had passed. Lucas was rebellious, unlike me but it suited him. He was like mum in the lawbreaker sense, but mum had taught him the ways of doing so. Dad didn't know, he only knew he was a lawbreaker, but I'm sure he had his suspicions.

Lucas was meant to be showing up today for the luncheon but I doubt he'd be able to. When I last spoke to him, Shelby, and him were going through a rough patch. It wasn't about their love for each other but more about the subject of children. Lucas felt himself ready for them but Shelby wasn't. I understand her logic though, she's still only 19 and I'm sure she wants to wait a little longer just so she can make a life for herself. However, I also agreed with my brother, but that's just on the principle of the fact that we have to pop out sprogs really early on and we've had that drummed into us ever since we were old enough to understand. Love and understanding is sure a complicated process. I doubt I'd be able to agree with Klein on half the things either.

After I'd begun re-reading my Harry Potter series, I decided it might be best getting ready for this damn luncheon, all I was told was that it was smart dressed, but for a princess with a never-ending wardrobe, that was impossible. My mum made sure I was expertly equipped with the best possible outfits for any situation, but most of them were too small for me. And I had little to no fashion sense whatsoever. Therefore, I was relying on the gratification of my friends and family to tell me whether my outfit was fine and suitable for a princess to wear. However, I must admit, there were some really bad choices. And everyone knows about them.

As I deliberated on what to wear, I sat in the round seat I had in my wardrobe. And as I sat down, I began to think back on everything. It ranged from my mum to Klein to all the promises she's asked me to fulfil. It's hard not to forget them because all I hear is my mum asking me to do them. Some of them are extreme, but others aren't. I know she has my best interests at heart but I need to learn from my own mistakes. I know she would've scalded me for probably trying to restart the relationship with Klein but when your livelihood is at stake; you have to do everything to keep it. Maybe, it's best if I do the certain ones in there, and maybe the others will come when they're needed.