Chapter 6

Two months have passed and I was feeling better. My wound in my arm healed quickly, and all the worries that I had were not in my head anymore. I was starting to believe that God really can change our minds and hearts. But one day...

(Luna is teaching to some children how to use the guitar.)

Luna: Try to keep it in a way you can play it.

Boy #1: Like this? (takes the guitar in a rare position)

Luna (giggles): No, dude. Like this.

(She helps him to settle it, when Richie appears.)

Richie: Luna, I need your help to buy some meals. Can you come please?

Luna: Ok, Richie. Kids, I have to go. Keep practicing.

----------

(They go to Richie's car and drive to the grocery store located in downtown. After they did the shopping, both buy some bottles of cola and drink it in the park.)

Richie: I have to admit it. You look better than before, Luna.

Luna (blushes a little): Thanks, Richie. You really helped me. I appreciate it a lot.

Richie: You're welcome. But remember that is Jesus who makes everything. We are just his tools. He deserves all the praise.

Luna: Yeah. (puts her hand behind her head) Richie...

Richie: Yes?

Luna (ashamed): Do you... have girlfriend?

Richie: Not yet. (gets a little ashamed) I'm waiting to God. He will show me the woman I will love.

Luna: Ok.

(Both glare to each other for a brief moment. After a few seconds, they turn back, completely blushed.)

Richie: Well, better we go back to the church.

Luna: Yeah. Let's go.

(They leave the park and walk to the parking lot where Richie let the car parked. What they don't know is that a man is follow them. When they are about to get into the car, a man pull out a gun.)

Thug: Freeze! Give me all your money and cell phones! Now!

Luna: God! (gets scared)

Richie: (pushes Luna behind him) Put that gun down.

Thug: Don't you hear me?! Give me your money! Quick!

Richie: We don't have to give you nothing. Put that gun down before you hurt someone!

Thug: I'm losing my patience! Give it to me, now!

Richie: You don't need to do this. Please, don't do it.

(The thug is getting inpatient. But then, he looks back to see if someone is coming. Richie charges against him and tries to take the gun. But the crook accidentally pulls the trigger. The gun shoots a bullet, which impacts Richie right in his chest. He falls on the ground and the crook flees. Luna is so scared that she only reacts when Richie is on the floor.)

Luna: NO! RICHIE!

When I saw him on the floor, bleeding, I got very scared. I didn't know what to do...

(Approaches him and takes his hand. She starts to scream for help desperately.)

Luna: Somebody help me! Please! HELP ME!