Smithsonian

~Four years later~

Savanna's POV

I entered the museum in the evening, in time to see crates out in the lobby. I saw Dr. McPhee walking along, and I stopped him.

"What's going on here, sir?" I asked.

"We're replacing some of the exhibits with new ones. The tablet and Ahkmenrah are moving as well. They're being taken to the Federal Archives in D.C. Don't worry, it'll be fine," he said, before walking out the door.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Larry's number. I waited for a few seconds before he picked up.

"Hey, Savanna. What's up?" he asked.

"Larry, get to the museum, now," I ordered.

"What? Why?"

"I will tell you when you get here. Now hurry up!"

"Okay. I'm on my way."

He hung up and walked in a few minutes later. He noticed the boxes, and I explained the situation to him. The sun went down, and the exhibits came to life again. Boxes opened, and people climbed out. I noticed Ahkmenrah get out of his box, holding the tablet. I walked over to him and embraced him.

"That box is better than my sarcophagus," he muttered.

I smiled at his statement. As we walked through the halls, we talked about what was going to happen. That was when I remembered what exhibit was at the Smithsonian. Kahmunrah. I stopped dead in my tracks, making Ahkmenrah look at me.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I just remembered who was at the Smithsonian. Your brother," I whispered.

Ahkmenrah turned pale but didn't say anything. He was silent for a minute before he took my hand.

"He won't get anything of mine," he assured me.

I nodded, not entirely sure of it. We walked back to the lobby and saw everyone getting back into their boxes. I helped Ahkmenrah get into his box and closed the lid. I turned to Larry.

"I'm going to D.C.," I told him firmly.

"What?"

"I'm going to D.C., Larry. If you want them to stay here, you will help me," I told him.

"Fine. Let me contact Nicky," he said.

He pulled out his phone and talked to his son for a while. When he was doing that, I was making sure that we got plane tickets to D.C. I went home and dressed as an Egyptian, not caring if people stared at me. Larry came and picked me up, taking us to the airport. We got on the plane, people looking at me weird. I ignored them, talking to Larry about how we were going to get inside. We figured we'd have to steal an I.D. card.

We got to the Smithsonian and walked around for a bit until it was time for the museum to close. I let Larry deal with the one guard, Brundon, and take his I.D. We left him and walked to the area the crate would be. We saw a large box, and Larry decided to open it. Out popped two octopus tentacles, and he shoved them back in. We continued and found the red crate with all the exhibits. We also saw Kahmunrah and his soldiers were pointing spears at the crate. I grabbed a spear from one of the soldiers and pried open the box. I noticed that Dexter was holding the tablet and hooked it onto the spear. Larry tapped my shoulder, and I turned around to see Kahmunrah holding a tied up Ahkmenrah. I didn't know how I missed it before.

"Try to get him untied," I hissed at Larry.

He nodded as he moved over to let Ahkmenrah free of his binds. The second the tablet was in my hands, though, it started to glow. Larry jumped backward, only managing to half free the young Egyptian. I was still holding the tablet as the Egyptians came to life. Ahkmenrah stared at me in shock. I was also holding the spear. I shoved the tablet into Larry's hands as I pointed the spear at the nearest solider.

"Get the spear," Kahmunrah said in Egyptian, thinking I wouldn't be able to understand.

The soldier moved, but I swiped at him, cutting his cheek. He stumbled backward in surprise.

"Don't touch me," I hissed, Aziza standing next to me.

"Who are you?" Kahmunrah asked.

"I am Nafretiri. Ahkmenrah's Queen," I snapped at him. "And this is Aziza, my cat."

Kahmunrah smiled at me. I noticed the soldier move closer, and I kicked him in the face, my dress following my movement. The soldier stumbled and fell, spear clattering away. I pointed my spear in his face, warning him to stay down. As other soldiers moved forward, I attacked them, pushing them back and away from me and Larry. Soon, all of them stayed a safe distance away, causing me to stand next to Larry, resting the spear against the floor.

"Give me the tablet," Kahmunrah ordered.

"I don't take orders from a psycho in a dress," I snapped.

"It is not a dress. It is a tunic," he said.

"Doesn't look like one. Does it, Larry?" I asked.

"Not really. I'm going to have to agree with Sa - Nafretiri on this," Larry said.

"You started to say something else," Kahmunrah stated, looking at him.

"Yeah. Her real name is Savanna. Ahkmenrah gave her the name Nafretiri," Larry explained.

"Baby brother loves her, right?" Kahmunrah asked his brother.

"Shut up," Ahkmenrah snarled.

"So you do," Kahmunrah said.

Ahkmenrah didn't reply. His brother turned to me with a sickening smile and held his hand out.

"Give me the tablet," he said.

"Larry, give it to me," I told my friend.

He looked at me but did as I said. I took it and turned to look at the older brother. I held out the tablet and saw Ahkmenrah's betrayed expression.

"Thank you," Kahmunrah said, turning to walk off.

"I thought you wanted the Cube," I said.

"The Cube?" Kahmunrah asked.

"The Cube of Rubic. The one that turns all your opponents into dust," I explained. "You know, Ahkmenrah didn't want to mess with it, either. Played it safe. You just struck me as the next-level kind of guy."

"I'm not my brother, Nafretiri."

"Clearly."

"I will kill all your friends in the blink of an eye. Now, take me to this Cube of Rubic," he demanded.

I turned and walked off. I carried myself like a real Queen, leading the way to the octopus box.

"Larry, help me with the Cube, will you?" I asked.

He came over and unlocked one of the latches while I unlocked the other. We jumped backward as the box broke open. As everyone was distracted, I raced over and snatched the tablet out of Kahmunrah's hands, hitting him over the head with it, dazing him. Larry cut Ahkmenrah free, and the three of us ran off. A motorcycle came roaring next to us, and we saw it was General Custer. We jumped up and rode off. Custer didn't duck fast enough and was knocked off the bike by a low platform. We came to a stop as a red-headed woman came, and Larry brought the motorcycle to a screeching stop.

"What's the rumpass, Ace?" the woman asked.

"Look, lady. Will you move?" Larry hissed at her.

"'Lady'? Who are you calling 'Lady'?" she asked.

Before any one of us could reply, a spear hit the tire. I sighed, jumping out and running off, grabbing the woman's hand as I went.

"Listen, Amelia Earhart. We are kind of under a museum, and this ancient Egyptian Pharaoh is trying to kill us to get this tablet. I'm Savanna Rose, this is Larry Daley, and this is Ahkmenrah. Anyway, either helps us out here or go away," I told her.

"Thank you for explaining a little bit of what's going on here. And I would like to help you," Amelia said.

"Okay, good. Now, we first need to lose these soldiers," I muttered.

"Follow me," Amelia instructed.