The Plan is Hatched

Savanna's POV

I woke up tied to a pole. I looked around and saw that I was in a big room, a gate looking thing up against one wall. I saw a mound of gold and others riches piled up with a throne perched on top. On the throne was the last person I wanted to see. Kahmunrah.

"Wild Flower! You're awake!" Jedidiah's voice called out.

I saw him in a small cage, standing up. Kahmunrah looked up at his shout and turned to me. His sickening smile was back on his face. He stood up and came over to me. He knelt down in front of me, leaning in too close for comfort.

"You will be my Queen, not my brother's," he said, his voice barely more than a whisper.

"I will never be yours. You are not the type of person I like," I spat.

He smirked, moving closer. I felt his breath on my face. I moved as far away as possible, pressing myself against the metal behind me. He grabbed me and made sure I couldn't move. His lips touched mine, and I felt like I was going to be sick.

"Get away from Wild Flower!" Jedidiah shouted angrily.

Kahmunrah ignored him. A crazy idea popped into my head, one that might get me killed. It would risk my relationship with Ahkmenrah, but it was the only choice I had. I took a deep breath and kissed him back. The move made him pull away, surprised.

"Of course I'll be ours. I have changed my mind. You are better than your brother and deserve the throne," I whispered.

He smiled and released me. I followed him up to the pile of gold. He had me sit down on a plush velvet cushion next to him. Jedidiah was staring at me in bewilderment, and I gave him a look that said 'I am playing with him.' Jedidiah nodded slightly and said nothing. I noticed a silver dagger near me, and I picked it up.

"I hope your not going to stab me with that," Kahmunrah said.

"No. I'm not. It's for self-defense against any of the people in this museum. If Larry, Ahkmenrah or anyone else tries to hurt me, I will use this," I explained.

Kahmunrah nodded and let me have the dagger. I slipped it into my belt, making sure the handle was easily accessible. I heard footsteps and looked up. Ahkmenrah, Larry, Aziza and Napoleon and his soldiers entered.

"Aziza, come here," I called gently.

She jumped down from Larry's arms and ran over, curling up next to me. My friends looked at me in confusion. I rolled my eyes. Kahmunrah's eyes were lit up with malice.

"It would seem, baby brother, that she belongs to me now," he sneered, standing up.

"Be careful, dear," I said in a sickly sweet voice.

He didn't hear the sarcasm in my voice and smiled at me. He kissed my forehead and walked down to the others. I looked at them, giving them a look that said 'it's all a game.' They frowned at me.

"Nafretiri would never be yours. She's already been claimed by me," Ahkmenrah snarled.

"She's changed her mind. She thinks I should have the throne, not you. She's mine now," his brother told him with a laugh.

The expression on Ahkmenrah's face as he looked at me broke my heart. His expression was filled with hurt, betrayal, anger, and sadness. I bit my lip, feeling tears well in my eyes. I saw Jedidiah about to say something and shot him a look. He closed his mouth. I reached out and opened the cage, grabbing Jedidiah carefully.

"Aziza, make sure he stays here," I said to my kitten, handing Jedidiah to her.

She gently took him in her mouth, holding him carefully. Jedidiah was terrified.

"You traitor!" Jedidiah shouted.

I glared at him as I stood up. I went to stand next to Kahmunrah. He put an arm around me, missing the look of disgust on my face.

"I need to talk to these trouble makers alone," I said to him.

"Very well. Just don't get hurt. If you do, let me know," he replied.

"Aziza," I called.

She stood up, Jedidiah still in her mouth. I led them all out to a separate room, closing the door behind me.

"You betrayed us," Larry said.

"No, I didn't. I'm playing with him. Getting him to trust me before I turn on him. I need you to play along with it. Ahk, you are the only one who holds my heart. Please, trust me," I whispered my plan to them.

They were silent, and I thought that they were going to be angry at me forever, never forgiving me for this. Then, Ahkmenrah moved forward and kissed me. Larry and Jedidiah turned away, giving us some privacy as we kissed. Ahkmenrah's hands were on my hips as he kissed my mouth passionately.

"I will always trust you. We will do our best to play along with your plan, sweetheart," he murmured.

I smiled and turned to Aziza.

"You can let Jed go now," I instructed.

She let him go and sat next to me.

"Jed, I need you to go and find some help. See what you can do. Ahk, Larry, you need to figure out what the combination is to the tablet. I have an idea with it," I said.

They nodded. I took out the dagger and put it to Ahkmenrah's throat.

"I need to make it look real," I explained, seeing his scared expression.

He nodded as we left the room. We entered where the others were, and Kahmunrah saw that I had a dagger to Ahkmenrah's throat.

"What did he do?" Kahmunrah asked. "What did he do to you?!"

"He insulted me a bit. I sorted him out, though," I explained casually.

Kahmunrah was seething, glaring daggers into his brother. Ahkmenrah held his brother's gaze with a level one. Kahmunrah pulled me behind him. It was then that he realized that Jedidiah was nowhere around.

"Where is the little one?" he asked.

In response, I pointed to my kitten. Realization came over his face. He nodded and turned to the other two. He shoved the tablet at his brother.

"Find out the combination," he hissed.

I nodded slightly from behind him. Ahkmenrah and Larry agreed, turning and walking out the door. I hoped my plan would work.