Going Home

Savanna's POV

I heard Kahmunrah saying he would now control the world and groaned. He had figured out my plan and had hit me. I was actually surprised I wasn't dead. I was laying on the floor, bloodied and bruised. I knew I had to keep fighting and struggled to my feet, knowing that if I didn't fight, I could end up worse than how I was at the moment. I stumbled out from behind the gate and saw Kahmunrah's bird head soldiers. All eyes were drawn to me, and I heard Ahkmenrah gasp.

"No," he whispered.

Kahmunrah came over and was about to hit me when I punched him square in the jaw. Caught by surprise, he stumbled backward. It was then that the fight broke out. I heard Custer shout, and the sound of pounding feet could be heard. Ahkmenrah was trying to get to me, but he was caught up in fighting a group of soldiers. I was taking on Kahmunrah alone. I eventually managed to wrestle his scythe out of his grasp and hit him in the head with it. He was knocked out, falling to the floor. I saw the gate open again, and Larry started to shove the bad guys into it. He came over to get Kahmunrah, but I stopped him.

"No," I said defiantly.

The fighting had stopped now, and all eyes were on me. They looked at me like I was crazy.

"What are you doing?" Larry asked.

"It's not right to throw him into there. Sure, he is a jerk, but he doesn't deserve it. Would you throw someone who had hurt you a little bit in there? Kahmunrah didn't hurt you in any way. Let him go. You can move him to the British Museum, where his parents are," I said.

Grumbling, Larry tied up Kahmunrah and threw him in a plane. He was taken to the British Museum and in the Egyptian department. Amelia offered to take us back to New York in her plane. Agreeing, we all piled in and took off. We walked inside to find the crates still open, and Nick was sitting on the counter.

"How are we going to explain this to McPhee?" Larry asked, coming up beside me.

"We tell him that the tablet is just special effects that bring the exhibits to 'life'," I said.

"Okay, cool," he replied.

"Is that okay with you, Ahk?" I asked.

"Yes. And you should get yourself taken care of. What did he even do to you?" Ahkmenrah asked.

"Oh, he figured out the plan and hit me a few times," I explained, waving it off.

"Be careful, Wild Flower," Jedidiah told me sternly.

"I'll try," I assured him.

"You will be coming with me," Larry said. "I am gonna make sure you are okay."

Aziza purred and rubbed against my leg, looking up at me. I picked her up and followed Larry and Nick to their house, waving to the others as we left the museum.

"Now, you are going to sit down here and get comfortable. Give me your house keys, and I will get you some of your clothes," Larry instructed.

I handed him the keys, and he left. Nick sat next to me, looking over the wounds inflicted on my skin. He got a wet cloth and wiped some of the blood away from the wounds he was able and willing to get to. He was gentle with me, knowing better than to press too hard, lest he worsen some of the wounds. Larry came home a few minutes later with a bag of my clothes.

"Thank you," I said, taking the bag and going to a different room to change.

He waited, getting the things he would need to clean up the wounds. I came back out and let him clean me up, ignoring the slight uncomfortableness. When he was finished, he let me rest up. The last thing I remembered was Aziza curling up next to me. Then the world gave way to the realm of dreams.