The Plan Revealed

Ahkmenrah's POV

I saw Savanna sitting on a velvet cushion next to my brother. What hurt me more was that she looked comfortable.

"Aziza, come here," she called.

The kitten leapt from Larry's arms and bounded over to her. I looked at her in confusion. She rolled her eyes as Kahmunrah stood up.

"It would seem, baby brother, that she belongs to me now," he said, stopping in front of us.

"Be careful, dear," Savanna said, her voice laced with sarcasm.

My brother didn't seem to notice and merely smiled at her. He kissed her forehead, and I resisted the urge to kill him. Savanna was mine, not his.

"Nafretiri would never be yours. She's already been claimed by me," I snarled at him.

"She's changed her mind. She thinks I should have the throne, not you. She's mine now," he said with a laugh.

I felt my heart break. I looked at her, hurt, betrayal, anger, and sadness on my face. Her eyes seemed to glaze over with tears, but I couldn't be sure. Jedidiah was about to say something, but Savanna shot him a glare, making him shut up. She took him from his cage, handing him to her kitten.

"Aziza, make sure he stays here," she said.

Aziza gently took Jedidiah in her mouth, making sure she didn't hurt him.

"You traitor!" he shouted, his fear evident in his voice.

Savanna glared at him as she stood up. She walked over and stopped next to my brother. Kahmunrah draped an arm around her shoulders, not noticing her look of disgust.

"I need to talk to these trouble makers alone," she said, looking at my brother.

"Very well. Just don't get hurt. If you do, let me know," he said, concern clear on his face.

"Aziza," she said, her kitten bounding over at the sound of her name.

She took us to a room, closing the door behind us.

"You betrayed us," Larry said.

"No, I didn't. I'm playing with him. Getting him to trust me before I turn on him. I need you to play along with it. Ahk, you are the only one who holds my heart. Please, trust me," she pleaded.

We didn't say anything for a while, watching her. She seemed to get more and more nervous the longer we stayed quiet. I moved forward, kissing her. Larry and Jedidiah turned away, giving us a little bit of privacy. My hands were on her hips as I kissed her passionately.

"I will always trust you. We will do our best to play along with your plan, sweetheart," I murmured.

"You can let Jed go now," she told Aziza.

Aziza did as she was told and sat next to her mistress. Savanna started to tell us what to do.

"Jed, I need you to go and find some help. See what you can do. Ahk, Larry, you need to figure out what the combination is to the tablet. I have an idea with it," she instructed.

We all nodded. She pulled out a silver dagger and placed it to my throat gently.

"I need to make it look real," she said.

We left the room, back to my brother. When he saw that she was holding a dagger to my throat, his expression turned angry.

"What did he do?" he asked. "What did he do to you?!"

"He insulted me a bit. I sorted him out, though," Savanna lied easily.

My brother was seething, glaring at me. I met his gaze with one that said I wasn't scared of him. He looked at Aziza and frowned.

"Where's the little one?" he asked, turning to Savanna.

She merely pointed at Aziza. Realization spread across his face, and he nodded. He shoved the tablet into my arms, still glaring.

"Find out the combination," he snapped.

I saw Savanna nod behind his back, warning us to do as he said. Larry and I agreed to do so, and we left. I was silent as we made our way through the museum. We ran into Amelia, and she looked around.

"Where's the pretty Egyptian lady?" she asked.

"My brother has her. She has a plan to defeat him. I will let Larry explain," I mumbled, not wanting to talk to her.

"You love her, don't you?" Amelia asked.

"Yes. I do. I will get her back, no matter what," I said firmly. "We need to find the combination of the tablet before he hurts her."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Amelia asked.

Larry and I chased after her as she led the way through the museum. We stopped in front of the bust of Teddy Rosevelt.

"Hello, Mr. President. I was wondering if you could help us with reading this tablet," Amelia said.

"You will find what you seek in the heart of Pharaoh's tomb," he read easily.

I was surprised. I looked at Larry, but he looked as lost as I did. I turned to the President.

"Thank you," I said.

"Let's go ask the Einsteins in the Museum of Space and Air," Larry suggested. "None of us know what that means."

As we went to the museum, we heard people shouting. Quickly hiding, we saw it was Kahmunrah's men. I growled slightly, angry at my brother. When we made it to the Air and Space, we saw that the rockets were about to take off. Thankfully, Larry stopped them all. We saw the Einstein bobbleheads on the counter of one of the desks and walked over. Most of what they said went over my head, as I didn't know what they were talking about.

"My goodness, the answer is pi," Amelia said, snapping her fingers.

"It's 3.14159265," the lead Einstein said.

"Let's go," I said, turning away.

I hoped we were going to make it on time before Savanna was hurt. We ran as fast as we could, but a group of my brother's men stopped us. We jumped onto one of the planes, the cables holding it breaking. Amelia proved herself to be a pilot as she guided it around. A small cable on the plane came loose, and Amelia handed the control stick to Larry as she fixed it. We crashed through the window behind my brother's makeshift throne and slid across the floor. Amelia and I were thrown backward and hit the wall. I heard Larry arguing with my brother until that Al Capone guy came in with the Einstein bobblehead, spouting off the combination. I groaned as Kahmunrah yanked the tablet out of Larry's hands and gave him Jedidiah in the hourglass.

"At last, I will rule the world!" Kahmunrah declared, punching in the combination.

The gates opened, and his soldiers came flooding out. It was then that I realized that I couldn't see Savanna.