Cloaked by Shadows

Authors note: Sorry that it's been so long that since i las wrote...I've been working a lot lately.

Disclaimer: I am definetly not stephanie meyer and i do not own the characters of twilight

Bella POV:

"Your Majesty, The Cullen boy has arrived." This was said by the slut Layla. I knew that she was terrified of me and my anger. She also wondered why i was angry with her. She still didn't know that i knew about her sleeping with Damien. "You know the one who can read people's minds." She laughed nervously. I knew that she was scared that i would mimic his power and find out her precious secret.

I laughed softly, dangerously. "Why Layla, you sound positively terrified at the prospect." i laughed again, "you serve The Volturi Queen, you should be afraid of no one. If you can't give your position the proper respect then you will be terminated." i said this with flare. Relishing the idea of her being killed. Slowly painfully.

"YYYYeeessss, your majesty." she quivered.

"LAYLA, why wasn't Cullen brought to me immediately? why has he not come to pay tribute to his queen to recieve his mark?" I was furious at the thought that somebody had let a male into my home and i was just now finding out about it.

"Well, my queen."Layla hesitated.

"Well what Layla, i am getting impatient."

"Well she helped him to escape." she gushed.

"How dare you lie to me." I knew that she was lying because i was using Cullen's powers. She wanted to use this boy herself to hurt me. she was mad that Damien had suddenly lost interest in her. That she never saw him anymore. For that matter no one did. They just figured i was keeping him too busy, which in a way i was. THey just didn't need to know that.

"You will pay for your thought LAYLA." i whispered, knowing she would hear me. I snapped my fingers and my guard popped out of corners and i knew by the way they walked that something was about to happen.

"take her to jane. She will serve Jane in her practices." i knew that this would be one of the worst punishments for her. Jane tortured people. She made them feel pain that wasn't really there. IT would kill her slowly and painfully. I laughed.

The head of my guard came forward and bent on one knee. "your Majesty we have brought another to pay tribute to you. He was trying to hide bought we caught him before he could escape."

"Bring him in and make sure to stay close by." I knew that i wouldn't need her that i can do anything she can do and more. But i didn't want this person to know that. I didn't want him to know just how powerful i was until i knew why he was here.

The moment he entered the room i knew that he was something special. It had nothing to do with looks or even something he said or did. I couldn't read him. I was trying to use his power against him and couldn't. I was suddenly terrified. I was so used to knowing what everyone was thinking no matter what happpened. I could always rely on my powers. Now they failed me. Desperate i mimiced Janes power. Suddenly he fell to the floor. Silent. He never screamed. Intigued i pulled away and nodded to one of my guards.

She came over and pulled out an object it was circular and if you looked very closely there was an apple engraved on it. I had no idea why i picked an apple but it seemed very familiar to me. Not for the first time i wished i could remember what had happened to me before i arrived in Volterra.

"What is your name?" i questioned making sure my hood was still in place and that he couldn't see my face.

"Edward Cullen." he whispered. One of the guards moved toward him but i shook my head. I didn't want this one to call me majesty. I wanted to have one person in this whole place that wasn't afraid of me. I couldn't read his mind so i didn't know what he was thinking but i did want to make sure he knew that i had absolute control over him if anything happened. I nodded to the guard and suddenly the object turned red, blood red, and she pressed it to his skin. The brand didn't hurt. We where to cold to feel the pain.

"You will come with me Edward." i like the sound of the name on my lips. I had a flash in my head of me and this stranger dancing. I was standing on his feet with a cast on my leg. I knew that this was impossible and that i was just dreaming. I hadn't been human in a long time.

I pulled off my hood and turned away from him just as the man behind me let out a shocked gasp.

"Bella?!"

Edward POV:

I didn't know where they where taking me only that we where going down. We where undergroung and going deeper every moment. I kept hearing them mention something about a her and she'll be furious. I was scared yet grateful. At long last i would see Bella,again. I hope she'll forgive me for betraying her. For letting her die alone. In death i would be showing her how sorry i am. How dedicated to her i am. I smiled.

"BELLA." I said the name silently. THen i heard it loud. I turned my head trying to see who said it but no one was around save for the guards. I shook my head realising that i must have said it aloud. I finally noticed my surroundings. We where passing what was obviously the living quarters. THere was a luxiourous room. It reminded me of Bella's back in Forks. Once again i wished i was human so that i could cry, grieve.

TO BE CONTINUED . . .

Sorry i was going to write more but i have to go. I promise to update soon. So thank you to all the people who are avidly reading my storry.