Dark Corner (edited)

This story was originally a twilight fanfic, started when I was around 18. I was obsessed at the time, and had this idea in my head. However, I have since come to despise the story and am going to change the story to make it my own, no longer a fanfic. So I would advice not reading any chapters that are not posted as edited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in a dark room, utterly alone. Everyone I had ever loved were either dead or they had abandoned me. No one cared that the Original Coven had me that they, at this very moment, where deciding what to do with me. The only reason that I am not dead already is because I fascinate Demetrius. He couldn't believe a mere human like me could stand up to him. And when I refused to submit to him, fully expecting death as a result, he kidnapped me instead. He told me he wants to turn me, to which I replied over my dwad body. He laughed and responded "of course." Thankfully his brothers and sisters disagreed with him. They thought being " a lady of the night" (gag) was too kind for me. I deserved to be punished as they saw fit for the trouble I caused them.

Just then I heard heavy footsteps outside the door. I cowered back into the dimmest corner of the room hoping they wouldn't see me, smell me.

Wait, what am I thinking? I shake my head and move my shoulders while rolling my eyes, They're vampires it doesn't matter what I do, if they want to kill me then I am dead. I stood up, determined to meet them without a show of fear. The door was yanked in and two people I had yet to see, yet knew instantly where vampires by their deathly pale sking, blood red eyes and demeanor. It was as if they didn't even move, didn't even breathe. Which of course, I know that they don't, but the only vampires that I new familarily were the Carstairs , and since they attempted to appear human I was used to seeing them pretend to fidget, move, blink, and breathe. The guards each grabbed one of my arms and forced me from the room.

We where going down a long corridor. There where no lights, all i could do was stumble along as best i could. Every few feet i would hear moans of pain on either side of me. I forced myself to keep my eyes forward. That quickly ended when I heard ear piercing screams coming from behind me, I tried to turn around, but all i could do was turn my head as they dragged me along after them. I shivered, hoping, that i wouldn't be next. what if they found a way for Melissa or someone to torture me? What if it was Mike and Sierrah all over again? We stopped. one of the guards let go of my arm and stepped away.

After a moment he came back and we continued on down the hallway. I couldn't make out any doors or cells, i could just hear the guards moving something as we passed along. We did this a few times and then we where in a room with a blinding light. I still couldn't see. I blinked a few times trying to correct my vision. But it was no use, I just couldn't see anything, and that terrified me. I could feel my heart begin to beat faster and faster until it was literally pounding in my chest. The silence went on forever. I began to whimper as i shifted from foot to fit.

"Well, Kayla we have decided to leave your fate up to you." I sobbed in relief as this was said, not because what was said didn't terrify me, it did!, but because something was said at all. I was beginning to be able to see again and could tell that it was Demetrius who said this. " You can either die forever now, or..." He let the sentence trail off. I could tell by the look on his face that he didn't think that he needed to finish the sentence. I looked at him like he was stupid, forgetting that he held my fate in his hands.

"Orrrr....????" I carried out the 'r'

"Or you can become one of us." It was Melissa who said this. I knew she was enjoying the thought of turning me. Then maybe she could hurt me. Maybe then I would not be immune to vampire magic.

"we will give you some---time ---to decide." Demetriuse said giving me a smile and Melissa a glare.

I realised now that it wasn't arrogance that made him not complete the sentence. He was enjoying terrifying me by not completing it. And Melissa had ruined his fun. But why would she do that? Why would Melissa, who hated me, help me?